Corsair Community

K100 RGB Firmware Update check always says "Update Failed"

Am running latest version of iCUE (v4.32.129) and my K100 RGB keyboard seems to have an issue when I check for firmware updates. When I click "Check For Updates" it says "Checking" for a few seconds and then returns an Update failed message. Clicking on the i icon it says "firmware update is unavailable". I dont remember having this issue with the previous version of iCUE.

My Dominator RGB RAM and Sabre Pro Champion Series mouse have no issues though with the firmware update check and immediately show "Latest version".

Please advise on what could be the cause of the issue.

Having this same issue with a brand new k100 and still waiting on an answer myself. Tried all the listed troubleshooting steps even tried on a 3 different pc's, two gaming rigs and a recently formatted very non-gaming laptop, with no luck.

Also was more than a little disappointed the latest firmware isn't available for download. The mechanism exists in ICUE for a manual update but that's no good if the firmware files are inaccessible.

I love the keyboard but im well within the return period. Might be worth sending back and going for the steelseries apex pro if there's no forward movement on the issue in the next day or so.

Here's my ticket just in case they end up with a fix and they still haven't followed up on the post here:
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/2005878385

Interesting. It looks like the firmware update failure could be an in house block. Apparently there is a recent bug where the keyboard seems to have a macro recording malfunction where at times the keyboard is recording inputs and then outputting them at a later date randomly.

If the problem is the latest firmware it would make sense to block its use so other folks are not affected. That would also make sense why I can still update the k95 i have via ICUE on my wife's PC and could not update the k100 from the same PC.

Link to Corsair issue page:

@SkeletonGrinthx for confirming that its not just me so it might be something with the firmware 1.11.39 which is what I have on the KB so maybe the check has been blocked for the K100.

The keyboard works fine otherwise. My memory settings load up fine and RGB pattern works normal. Hopefully its just a firmware and iCUE handshake issue that can be fixed soon enough so that we can no longer have this issue moving forward.

I did have the auto type issue at first but I remember doing a force update of the firmware on the previous version of iCUE and it seemed to fix that.

Edited by AshwinC

Yeah, same here. All aspects ive attempted with ICUE besides the update work without issue. Just can't update firmware. Not a great feeling with a new product but, as you said, it is nice to know others are facing the same thing.

Just to add I have latest iCue 4.32.129 and my K100 is running firmware 0.32.262.

Running firmware update it returns normally and doesn't offer any update. Had this K100 for at least a year with no issue at all.

Not sure if there have been hardware changes and mine is at its latest version ?

1 hour ago, andyvee said:

Not sure if there have been hardware changes and mine is at its latest version ?

You and I both have a prior version of the K100 with a different MCU and thus different firmware version. No updates for us 0.32.xx owners in a long while. You are current. Unsure on those with v 1.xx, but this is also why you need to be careful about grabbing random firmware files. I don’t know if the software will stop you on a mismatch. 

10 minutes ago, c-attack said:

You and I both have a prior version of the K100 with a different MCU and thus different firmware version. No updates for us 0.32.xx owners in a long while. You are current. Unsure on those with v 1.xx, but this is also why you need to be careful about grabbing random firmware files. I don’t know if the software will stop you on a mismatch. 

That's fine by me , this has been rock solid from day 1

• Like 1

Hello all !

It seems that firmware 1.11.39 has been blocked for the k100 RGB due to bugs.

My last firmware is v.1.9.26.

I hope Corsair do something about that in the next days...

Edited by TimJ

Can confirm i am having the same issue with my k100, my i cue version is 4.32.129 and  my pump, ram ,commander pro are all up to date but my keybored is saying the same thing 'firmware update update is unavialble' 
the only issue i have been having with mine is that while playing a game of cod online my keybord has a melt down and just disregaurds any input at all .
has anyone else been having this??? cant do anyuthing besides disconecting one of the usb and reconnect . i havent had the auto type issue but get this instead and dont know which one i rather . iv never had any problems in the past with corsiar products and really disapointed considering the price and issues 
Thanks all for your time 

On 1/21/2023 at 10:46 AM, NipplessCage said:

Can confirm i am having the same issue with my k100, my i cue version is 4.32.129 and  my pump, ram ,commander pro are all up to date but my keybored is saying the same thing 'firmware update update is unavialble' 
the only issue i have been having with mine is that while playing a game of cod online my keybord has a melt down and just disregaurds any input at all .
has anyone else been having this??? cant do anyuthing besides disconecting one of the usb and reconnect . i havent had the auto type issue but get this instead and dont know which one i rather . iv never had any problems in the past with corsiar products and really disapointed considering the price and issues 
Thanks all for your time 

I also have the problem when the keyboard just suddenly stops reacting to inputs... Same thing too, I have to pull the main USB cable and reconnect it for the keyboard to start functioning again.

It's sad really, that a company the size of Corsair can't fix these kinds of issues (considering I've heard from others that this issue with the K100 RGB seems to have been active for basically the entirety of the keyboards life) and considering the pricepoint of the damn thing.

People tend to give Razer alot of ****, but let me tell you that my Blackwidow Chroma keyboard, at a lower price even, was 100% solid for like 6-7 years before taking a **** and just straight up dying. Same thing with my Deathadder Chroma mouse, no issues for almost 7 years and still kicking ass. Whilst my Corsair K100 RGB Optic just crapped out the second day of using it, and has been acting up every like three days ever since I got it.

Dare I say this is unacceptable, seeing as though Corsair, by this point in their companys life, SHOULD have enough competent workers on hand to fix issues like these and for the price that they're selling these damn things. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the keyboard. The design, materials used, the RGB, functions and feel of it. But it's -99 points just for that smaaaaaall tidbit of a problem where the damn thing don't even work.

Tried adding an edit to the comment, but it wouldn't let me;

On 1/21/2023 at 10:46 AM, NipplessCage said:

Thanks all for your time 

Although I mainly play CS:GO, so I doubt it being something with the game in particular. Also I've noticed that the problem arrises if I leave the computer idle for too long (not doing anything, if I have like a multiple hour YT video playing the PC can sit "idle" and just play the video for how long it wants without an issue, but when doing NOTHING at the desktop the thing acts up after about 3 hours), and I can't really see a reason for it. I heard someone talking about these keyboards having some issue with getting the electronics too hot inside of it, thus causing the disconnection problems. IDK if he was just talking out his ass, but that's one thing I've heard. Somehow I doubt it though, seeing as the keyboard can endure almost 16 hour sessions of being used nonstop in Unreal Engine 5.1, and to me it feels like that should be as high of a load as being clicked on in a game like CS:GO or, in your case, CoD.

Thank God i found this conversation. 

I have the same issues with my K100 on the iCUE v4.32.129. During playing the K100 randomly starts to repeats the last input, mostly WASD and ceep spamming it until i disconecting the USB an reconneting it. The other time, it wont take any input and akts like dead until i reconecting the USB. First the only way to solve that problem was to close the iCUE Software after reconnecting the Keyboard. I reported this issue to the support and a hole week later they told me to update my hole system. BIOS, Chipset blablabla... i have done all of that, including the workaround for a clean reinstallation of iCUE. Nothing worked. At least they told me i should use the iCUE v4.29.203. My K100 is brand new and it has the Firmware v1.11.39. Since i use the iCUE v4.29.203 i dont have had any further issues with the keyboard. Sadly i cant update to a newer version at the moment. This is anoying... I also have the same message if i try to manualy update the keyboard firmware that says that the update is unavalible since a few days. 

Dont get me wrong, i love the K100 as a pice of hardware. I think its a insanly good keyboard but the issues with the software are pissing me off. We have 2023 and there are so many different pices of good hardware out there from numerous brands and it feels like they all **** up with ther software, this is so anoying.

Im so happy, and so sad im not the only one who has this problem...  ive got the same problem as everyone in this post.  how often do your k100 get stuck and needs to be replugged?

im replugging 4-5 times a week,  somtimes 4-5 times a day... the only thing that usually work is to unplug and plug it back in while holding down ESC so it resets.  that has got to be a firmware issue since it doesn´t help to clean the keyboard.  i just hope they can solve this issue since it´s a big problem for the Corsair community.  and given the price this shouldn´t happen

On 1/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, Kamikazekaot said:

Thank God i found this conversation. 

I have the same issues with my K100 on the iCUE v4.32.129. During playing the K100 randomly starts to repeats the last input, mostly WASD and ceep spamming it until i disconecting the USB an reconneting it. The other time, it wont take any input and akts like dead until i reconecting the USB. First the only way to solve that problem was to close the iCUE Software after reconnecting the Keyboard. I reported this issue to the support and a hole week later they told me to update my hole system. BIOS, Chipset blablabla... i have done all of that, including the workaround for a clean reinstallation of iCUE. Nothing worked. At least they told me i should use the iCUE v4.29.203. My K100 is brand new and it has the Firmware v1.11.39. Since i use the iCUE v4.29.203 i dont have had any further issues with the keyboard. Sadly i cant update to a newer version at the moment. This is anoying... I also have the same message if i try to manualy update the keyboard firmware that says that the update is unavalible since a few days. 

Dont get me wrong, i love the K100 as a pice of hardware. I think its a insanly good keyboard but the issues with the software are pissing me off. We have 2023 and there are so many different pices of good hardware out there from numerous brands and it feels like they all **** up with ther software, this is so anoying.

Same problem, and the update failed too... So I should downgrade iCUE for solve the annoying problems of input repetition?

I'm thinking on return my K100... Is very annoying, is the worst keyboard I've purchased ever... A 20$ keyboard havent so erratic behaviour... I really regret not having bought another k70, with which I have been delighted for many years