Corsair Community

Way to slow the romp up/ down of fans?

I am having my case fans run off my GPU core temp, but it causes the fans to constantly romp up and down all the time while gaming. Is there a way to lower the sensitivity of the fans so that the fan speed changes are much more averaged/ delayed? Like on my mobo I can chose fan update intervals of .1s, .2s, .5s, 1s and 2s. So going with 2s results in much more stable fan speed changes.

Edited by audiobahn1000

No hysteresis option on the Commanders. 

Follow up on the temp sensors for it. Exhaust air temp is the better variable and that’s what you are regulating with the case fans. They don’t directly cool the gpu. It’s own fans do that. It will make for smoother speed transitions and you don’t really want the case fans to drop to minimum when you open an in game map, loading screen, etc. 

11 hours ago, c-attack said:

No hysteresis option on the Commanders. 

Follow up on the temp sensors for it. Exhaust air temp is the better variable and that’s what you are regulating with the case fans. They don’t directly cool the gpu. It’s own fans do that. It will make for smoother speed transitions and you don’t really want the case fans to drop to minimum when you open an in game map, loading screen, etc. 

Ok I was considering doing a temp sensor inside the HSF of the GPU to regulate case fans, but the exhaust temp sounds like an option too. 

Just do the exhaust air -- inside or outside the case so you don't have to look at it.  It's a relative measure of what's going on inside the case and it helps with the basic math of +1C to internal ambient temp = +1C to all components, liquid, CPU, GPU, etc.  

You don't want the sensor end of the probe to touch anything.  Usually you get garbage readings if it does.