Corsair Community

Cant detect anything in Icue with 150 elite capillex, 5000x, commander xt(Asus Z790)

Zeppan86

Hi

I just finished building my computer but cant get anything detected or controlled in Icue software for windows 11

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z790A Wifi

So the relevant parts i have is
H150i Capillex Elite (LCD display)
An EXTRA commander XT for the extra fans
5000x with its included pwm hub and rgb hub.

6x ML Elite fans
3x QL 120 fans

So basically tried everything but nothing seems to work and i really dont know why? Everything powers up and spins and glows but its all rainbows

Ive tried plugging only 1 separate product at a time in both the usb slots from the lcd cooler, to the commander from the aio to the commander xt
but nothing is detected in Icue...

Ive got like 1-2 fans plugged into each just for the test of it

Am i missing something here?

Make sure you’ve installed the chipset drivers from your motherboard support page at the Asus website. The chipset controls usb traffic and device detection is all about the usb cable.  It doesn’t matter what’s on the controller. You have three picky devices in the Commander Core, Commander XT, and lcd top. I would not be surprised if you had trouble getting all three recognized, but if nothing is recognized in the device header in CUE something else is going on. 

You also have a lot more going on than you need. You must use the Commander Core as it powers the pump. That’s 6 PWM/RGB. You could use the case included PWM hub to manage a group of fans for speed and the smaller Lighting Node Core for RGB. Or use the Commander Core and XT and there is no need for the Lighting node Core and PWM hub. Either way you may have more usb 2 requirements than motherboard connectors. You won’t be able to get away with chaining the Commander Core through the Commander XT passthrough port.  

i was hoping to use commander core and commander xt as i plan to get 1-2 more QL fans totalling it to 11 fans

Yes i was not expecting to need the pwm or rgb hubs, just mentioning them since i cant detect them either...

In bluetooth and devices windows 11 does see all the devices like 150 capillex and commander core etc. I tried the hard reset guide by deinstalling them and then scanning for hardware changes to reactivate but still no joy in ICUE =(

So the connection to the usb ports on motherboard somehow works even with daisy chain all 3 devices are seen  (150 LCD, Commander core, Commander XT) but cannot be found  in ICUE.

I Will try today with

NZXT internal hub from another computer (though it doesnt seem to help according to others)
Reinstalling Windows 11 from scratch

Worth noting i could see some things like the ASUS motherboard in ICUe in  beginning but i cant see them either anymore? Isnt that wierd? So right now its basically empty in  ICUE except the profile.

29 minutes ago, Zeppan86 said:

So the connection to the usb ports on motherboard somehow works even with daisy chain all 3 devices are seen  (150 LCD, Commander core, Commander XT) but cannot be found  in ICUE.

Start by undoing this.  Windows recognizing there is a device and that device being functional are two different things.  Hopefully you have 2 internal USB 9 pin ports.  Try the XT on one and the Com Core + LCD on its splitter on the other. You are only amplifying the difficult by attempting to run three devices on a single line.  

9 hours ago, Zeppan86 said:

Ive tried plugging only 1 separate product at a time in both the usb slots from the lcd cooler

And assuming you've already done that, I am not sure what the problem may be.  Unfortunately, motherboard makers take some license with how they manage their chipset traffic and different boards with different combinations have provided unexpected problems.  This was a huge issue on Z690, but largely disappeared with corrections on Z790.  We don't see a lot of this on the Z790 boards.  

You might consider doing a clean install of CUE.  Again, if no devices are recognized there is usually a larger problem than finicky controller + finicky motherboard.  

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Edited by c-attack