Corsair Community

Fan tab not showing in ICUE

Corsair Voyager a1600 laptop.

ICUE is not showing the ‘fan adjustment tab’.
 It is still possible to change fan speed though, by pressing FN+F5, but not possible on an external keyboard.

I’m wondering if it has any impact on cooling performance, since I presume ICUE should be responsible for effective controlling of the fan speed?

I have tried reinstalling the newest graphics and chipset drivers.

I have also tried reinstalling Corsair OSD, and completely reinstalling ICUE, with no result.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kindest regards 

Mathias M.

Please, anyone?

It has a big impact on gaming/general use aswell, as after some time in use, the fans will ramp up to full speed (much faster than extreme mode), with no way of getting them to go down in rpm again. I suspect it has something to do with my buggy ICUE..

Even when it reaches 42deg.C. on the CPU, it keeps going full speed, and does so until shutdown.

While at full speed, the entire operating system gets unbelievably unresponsive, and occasionally freezes, until I perform a manual shutdown… Please help to resolve this issue, as the laptop is so close to being useless in this state.

I tried a clean install several times, formatting the partitions in the process, still nothing helps..

Edited by RobinnRubinn

Hey Mathias,

when I first formatted my system and did a clean install I got the same issue.

Please try to "refresh" windows after installing it and doing all the available updates. After that icue showed the fan tab again for me.

Hi!
Thanks a lot for your input.

I actually resolved the issue last night.

So, after the fresh installs i were always unable to install the Voyager Hub app. It gave me an error code, and no matter what i tried, i weren't able to install.
The installer folder were directly from official Corsair Voyager a1600 sites 'download menu'. Tried the 'Security Certificate' from the folder aswell, but still didn't work.

Eventually i just thought it was okay to just leave it uninstalled, but last night i gave it another try. Still weren't able to install through the folder from Corsairs website, but then i stumbled upon the Voyager Hub application in Microsoft Store...... (really should be prebuilt into the system/other drivers, as it is SO important to have the Voyager Hub apparently....)
Installed through MS with no problem, and instantly the fan tab were back!

The laptop now runs like a dream, and i haven't had any problems with Windows/games being unresponsive, so far.

Edited by RobinnRubinn

There is indeed a Voyager Hub App in the Microsoft Store. 
the certificate one was a pain to install while the other one just works.

And maybe it‘s just imagination but I noticed some tweaks at the fan curve in quiet mode for the better after changing to the Windows Store one.

I wonder if there are other apps updating any drivers on this system.

I would also love to see some changelogs regarding all the „quiet“ updates on the Voyager a1600 (e.g. Voyager Hub on Microsoft Store, working GPU driver release on Windows update). Maybe there is more coming or even already released but no one knows yet.

Well, guess the luck ran out..
- So i'm actually still getting these moments where the laptops fans suddenly goes full speed, and the system becomes really unresponsive.... Far less often than before, but indeed still there.
Really frustrating, suddenly having to reboot the system when playing a game 😕
Btw, no dangerously high temperatures, according to Adrenaline software, when it happens.. 
Have you experienced anything like this?

Edited by RobinnRubinn

Never had something like this after changing CPU max to 99% at windows power plan (prevents turbo mode of the CPU).

Maybe you can find the responsible app by opening the task manager when this is happening the next time?

What mode are you using for gaming and do you use an external screen?

• Corsair Employees
22 hours ago, RobinnRubinn said:

Well, guess the luck ran out..
- So i'm actually still getting these moments where the laptops fans suddenly goes full speed, and the system becomes really unresponsive.... Far less often than before, but indeed still there.
Really frustrating, suddenly having to reboot the system when playing a game 😕
Btw, no dangerously high temperatures, according to Adrenaline software, when it happens.. 
Have you experienced anything like this?

What happens if you do not run any other software that runs like a hardware monitor in anyway besides iCUE? Do the issues persist?

I am not running any hardware monitor software, other than ICUE, and haven't done so when the problems have occured.

I haven't had any  issues since Wednesday, but i can't say for sure if it's resolved or not, as it kinda comes and goes, and is very inconsistent. - Also haven't been using the laptop as much.
But considering there haven't been any new driver updates for any Corsair software, and i haven't done anything different i do not think it's fixed😅

I will post an update on how it does this weekend.

• Corsair Employees

We would recommend you reach out to our support team directly by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com and they will be able to further assist.