Corsair Community

Ram compatability / OC questions....

CID Psycho

:confused:

I was wondering if there would be issues if I mixed a GB of Twinx 1024-3700 with Twinx 1024-4000 and tried to overclock it. As I understand it, both sticks should be set to the 3700's clock speed of 467mhz.

Asus P4P800 Deluxe

P4 3.2 800 FSB (478)

XP SP2

TWINX 1024-3700 XMS

TWINX 1024-4000 XMS

Any suggestions as to settings for this setup?

Thanx in advance......

There may be problems, yes. It's never recommended to mix modules of different part #s or revisions. That's why they have their TwinX kits, so that consumers can buy pre-matched sticks.

Now, they MAY run together fine, but it's unknown how they'll OC.

Wired,

Thanx for the info, but I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I have 2 512s of 3700 (Twinx). It seems to have been discontinued. I was wondering if a pair of 4000s could be OC'ed on the same board (in the proper slots)with the two 3700s? I don't know if this would be a problem?

If you could recommend some settings based on the 3700's clock speed it would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to overclocking, so be gentle.... (lol)

tks,

Psycho

There may be problems, yes. It's never recommended to mix modules of different part #s or revisions. That's why they have their TwinX kits, so that consumers can buy pre-matched sticks.

Now, they MAY run together fine, but it's unknown how they'll OC.

Crap,

I guess you got it. I will see if I can sell my 3700 and get 2gb of the 4000 then. Thanx a lot for the nfo Wired.

Psycho..... :(:

No, I think I understood it. To clarify, you want to use BOTH 3700s and 4000s on a board at the same time, correct?

Archived