Corsair Community

Memory Could not Be Read...

NeGa

sometimes whn i launch a blizzard game i get a critical error saying Referenced memory could not be read/written.. and with some other games, i get a BSOD saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. i figure its a memory problem of some sort... i am running 1 stick of CMX512-3200LL Pro, and 2 CMX-512-3200C2. memtest86 reports no errors... can anyone help?

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

i Have the Asus A7n8x-e Deluxe MB 1013 BIOS, AMD Athlon xp 3200 running at 2.4 GHz, 400 FSB, 12.0x Multiplier, Memory timings optimal, DDR Voltage 2.7v.

i have narrowed the problem down a bit... my comp works fine when i only use 1 dimm of 512 MB ram... as soon as i put anymore it starts to crash.

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings:

With the A7N8X-E please set the FSB jumper to pins 2-3 with the modules in slots 2-3 and then reset or clear the bios and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually. Then please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

I have had 4 of these exact MB's and this is what had to be done and a few other's had some success disabling Spread Spectrum in the bios as well. I would take a look at http://www.asusforums.org as well in the AMD section.

Archived