Corsair Community

Possable Bad memory

gwakim

Over the last month my computer has become very unstable. I tried different components, but no change. I started to suspect memory. I have two sticks of Corsair XMS-3200 Memory. I removed one stick, and the computer would not boot to windows, it would get as far as windows loading and just re-boot. I ran Memtest86 and it showed multiple errors. I then removed this stick and installed the other. The computer booted up fine, but after 15 minutes and some web surfing a small window appeared stating some kind of memory access violation, the computer froze and I had to reboot. I then ran Memtest86 on this stick. It ran much longer, but eventually found some errors. For the time being, I am using some old memory from an older machine so I can use my computer, but I need to know what to do. I purchased this Memory as a matched pair from NewEgg on September 8, 2004. Should I try to return it to NewEgg or at this point will Corsair help me with this ? Please Help ? Thanks.

I just got my memory from monarch computers.

I purchased 2 set of these registered ram.

1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (400) PC-3200 REG ECC Corsair (TwinX1024RE-3200LLPT)

Well one stick is no good.

I have identical systems.

Tried that stick in both.

The would boot and the other the cmos reset and it would boot.

Now I have to pay for shipping both ways to get replacement set.

Star

• Corsair Employees
The MB you have listed is not compatible with the modules you are asking about. Intel I875 chipset will not support registered memory. Please see if the reseller will let you send them back and get a Twinx1024-3200XL set of modules instead.

• Corsair Employees
You may need to talk to our customer service by phone or email and see if they can help you sort this out. But those modules would not be compatible with the MB you have listed. You would need the same part# but with out the "R" or "RE" in the part#.

Archived