Corsair Community

Intel PBZLK recommended memory

monmo

Just built my first system. Using Intel PBZLK mb., 3.02 processor, and (2) TwinX 1024-4000PRO memory. Everything up and running with no problems. Unfortunately, I did not realize that Intel's Bios will not let me use the memory at 500 DDR. So--- I've decided to replace the (2) TwinX 1024-4000PRO with either (2) TwinX 1024-3200LLPRO or (2) TwinX 1024-3200C2PRO. Any suggestion on which I should use? I plan on using the TwinX 1024-4000PRO in another system I'm building using the asus P4C-800E-Deluxe mb. and the 3.02 EE processor.

• 4 weeks later...
I too am interested in figuring out which memory is appropriate for an Intel D875PBZLK i875P P4 800FSB Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard. Now that Intel is wholesaling P4-EE chips to newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com instead of just high-end gaming system "configurators," I figure I can build what I want. I want to populate the MB with 2GB total so I can do some extensive video editing in an WinXP environment. I don't have any plans - at least until I learn more - to overclock, and from what I've been able to learn it makes sense to buy twin/matched memory. Any help you could provide would be really appreciated.....thanks! Bill

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]I would suggest Twinx1024-3200C2Pro for the Intel Boxed MB as they would be set to a more relaxed setting in the SPD. [/B][/QUOTE] I've just bought the Intel D875PBZLK mobo and before doing so I read these threads before choosing my memory. I ordered IGB XMS3200C2 Pro TwinX. I then read several other threads here (including this one [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18583&highlight=Intel+D875PBZLK[/url]) were you were recommending the XMS3200LL Pro TwinX over the C version of the memory, So I rang my retailer and changed my order IGB XMS3200LL Pro TwinX! Now I am totally confused. RamGuy, please reassure me that I'm not going nuts. Have I misread your recommendations here and have I bought the wrong RAM. All I'm after is the best performance I can get from a non overclocked Pentium 3.0C system. :question:

• Corsair Employees
Yes and No! LOL let me explain! You are not nuts, and yes you read it correct! But now to un-confuse you! Sorry about that! Honestly I have tested both modules on this MB from Intel and not had any problems, but some of the users at that time reported back they had to set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-7 to make the system stable with this MB. And since I have just been suggesting C2 as they are set to a more relaxed setting as I mentioned in my first reply. The Intel version of the MB does not provide all of the settings needed to properly over clock and to avid problems or the need to set the timings to a more relaxed setting C2 is suggested.

Archived