Corsair Community

CMX512-3200XLPT w/ A8N-SLI

Tommyob

Ive ordere the CMX512-3200XLPT along with the A8n-Sli. I've notice alot of problems with dual channel memory and this MOB. My CPU is backordered and I'm worried that if my memory won't work, it will be a pain to return it. Should I stick with this type? :confused:

Tommy,

I really don't have problem with A8N SLI & Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPT/PRO series. It just that Asus bios has lil bug, but it already solved :D: It's best you pick the twinx series if you want to run in dual channel.

A8N SLI Deluxe BIOS 1011 tips:

You might try to solve the problem in buggy ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe bios:

1. Clear CMOS.

2. When PC start, press F1 to continue and go to Windows.

3. Restart, goto bios, press F5 & click yes, save & exit, go to Windows again.

4. Restart, goto bios again, press F5 & click yes (must), then tune your ddr timing (eg. 2-2-2-5, trc = tras + trp (7), trfc = trc + 3 (10), set command rate to 1T) in cpu config, and goto jumper free, set the FSB to 201 (must), set cpu/ddr voltage manually (must). Save and exit. You'll succeded run any benches so long your HW 'r OK.

You have to set FSB to 201 acording to solve confict between HTT & PCI clock value. You've to set cpu voltage to 1.4v because when you set FSB to 201, it'll raise to 1.5v automatically.

And make sure you buy good quality psu min 500w ATX v2.0 (native 24 in) for that type of VGA.

I'm running two Twinx1024-3200xl kits with this motherboard just fine. The Twinx1024-3200xl kits are tested in an actual dual channel motherboard in order to be sure they'll run in dual channel at stated speeds before they're purchased and used by the customer. Twinx rule. From reading you system specs, an x2 4400 and no dual channel would be a crying shame in my opinion.

Archived