Corsair Community

Latest Cool Pump Info

PeteB

I have been running my modded pump for the COOL system for a little while now.

All has been running fine.

Here is my latest email from Laing(the manufacturesr)

Thanks for the update Peter. I have about 10 units in the field all

reporting the same findings as you. We are going to release the new

modded version shortly. Thanks for all your help.

Mike Solso

Industrial Division Manager

Laing Thermotech, Inc.

830 Bay Blvd., Suite 101

Chula Vista, CA 91911

Direct Ph: (619) 591-2460

Direct Fax: (619) 591-2461

Mobile: (951) 515-9044

http://www.lainginc.com

So it does appear that they have not been released as yet, but will be shortly, as they appear to work just fine.

Good work Laing.

Hope this info helps other users.

PeteB

This is excellent news.

I've been looking to getting one of those pumps, but when I heard the horror stories I didnt want to plop down any cash on one. Now that Laing is actively working with this problem (I've been following your posts), it may look like I'll get one anyway. :)

Thanks for keeping us updated Pete.

This is excellent news.

I've been looking to getting one of those pumps, but when I heard the horror stories I didnt want to plop down any cash on one. Now that Laing is actively working with this problem (I've been following your posts), it may look like I'll get one anyway. :)

Thanks for keeping us updated Pete

HI MGJerry

Happy to help.

Now my system runs ok, im thinking about making a gpu waterblock and northbridge waterblock.(amongst other things)

Ive been told to buy them by freinds.

To me this defeats customising. (if everyone buys the same custom bits, surely this makes your machine non custom again).

If i do buy a gpu block, ill go for the corsair 10003 or whatever it is.

Has anybody had trouble with this, how does it perform etc.

It appears its a fairly basic block, but i like the idea of it having the 3/8 fittings without having to use adapters, ptfe tape etc.(less chance of leaks?)

I have an oem type radeon x850xt pe. Will it fit this ok without me having to make brackets etc.

We have had some hot weather over here in the uk (NO its true), but my COOL system has only reached about 45 degrees. (normally runs about 35 degrees)

anyway got to go now.

PeteB

PeteB,

Are you still running well with the updated pump?

Keep us notified! :sunglasse

Stev

Pump and system, STILL running fine, no problems.

Very Happy with setup now.

Looking into upgrading to a dual radiator as well as gpu and northbridge blocks.

Only have space for one 190mm length (unless i modifiy my lovely newley made watercooling top box. (its typical that soon as i make something, that within a few weeks i have other customising ideas and give my self more problems.

I found an XPS one, but it is 316mm length (oh well, ill keep looking)

I guess having access to professional modding capabilities, i shouldnt complain to much, and feel sorry for the people that have to use hacksaws and tape etc to modify their kit.

PeteB

Archived