Corsair Community

Partitioning the Voyager, dumb question

iggysantos

I am just using the utility program and clicking on the "partition" tab. You set the size of the standard disk size and that automatically makes the security disk size the remainder. I guess my question is what the security disk is and how do you access it. You have to create a partition on that security disk? I tried using the "format" tab and giving both disks different names. Still am not seeing the security disk.

Thanks for you help.

Jim

When the Corsair Flash Utility is loaded on the system you can use the "partition" tab to split the drive into two logical drives. Both logical drives should be seen from Windows Explorer. Once you have the two partitions you would then use the "Set Password" tab to password protect the "Secure" partition of the drive. If you do not "Set Password", both partitions will be seen from windows. After you have formatted the drive you have to remove the Flash Voyager and plug it in again. Only one of the drives will auto open. The other section of the drive will be accessible through "My Computer".

• Corsair Employees
This allows you to create a secure partition that only you or a user with the pass word would be able to access. And you would need to have the software loaded or the hidden partition would not be seen.

Now, do I have a bad drive?? I see unsecured partition as E: drive under my computer and it see's it as a removable disk. I do not see any other thing under my computer. Look at the attachments under my previous post and that is exactly what I am seeing. If I have a bad drive, that is not a big deal, but any other ideas as to what is wrong??

It won't show up till you format that new partition within Disk Manager.

I think the problem is that your network drive is sitting on the same drive letter as the "security" drive letter. Move you network "F" drive some where else and you should see the flash drive.

I think the problem is that your network drive is sitting on the same drive letter as the "security" drive letter. Move you network "F" drive some where else and you should see the flash drive.

BINGO!!!! You are the man!!!!

Archived