Corsair Community

ASUS A8N SLI & TWINX1024-3200LLPRO Stock Timing Issues

rflor

I'm having some puzzling issues trying to get my Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPRO memory running at stock timings.

The MB is an ASUS A8N SLI with the latest 1011 BIOS.

The AUTO settings default to 2.5-3-3-6-2T, and I have to switch into manual mode in order to set them to 2-3-2-6-1T.

However, If I try to run it at those timings & 1T, I will get errors in MemTest even if I boost the voltage to 2.9V. In fact, the only way to not generate any errors in MemTest is to leave the settings at AUTO. Any attempt to run at 1T will generate errors

Other odd behavior includes:

2-3-3-6-1T will generate ~2 errors in Test #5.

2.5-3-3-6-1T will generate 100+ errors in Test #5. Why would this possibly be...given that I actually loosed the timings a bit?

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Archived