Corsair Community

ASUS A8V Deluxe rev2 + TWINX3200C2PT 1024

00xtr3m3

Just installed the above dual kit into the above mobo. System crashes after xp load/splash screen. has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this i have left the timings as default and have tried loading default bios settings. RAM also refered to as xms3202v1.5. The RAM is rated at cas 2. Am i able to run at these speeds on this board or am i limited to cas 2.5 due to the AMD CPU???

tx in advance

Such an old revision should be able to run CAS 2 on an AMD system, but can you go into your BIOS under the advanced heading and list all of the memory/CPU related settings including HTT and memory voltage along with the latencies/timings?

PLUR

CK

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Hi guys I have just put my oldsingle 512 dimm back in the machine using correct slot for single mode and i have the same problem... machine bombs out after xp load screen. However im currently running the machine in safe mode and its working. I have tried numerous mem timings with the corsair parts running them on their own and in dual channel with v2.6, 2.7 and 2.8. Ill get on with memtest86+ now and get back asap.

Cheers 4 this guys

• Corsair Employees
Was this a fresh install of the O.S. on this MB? And have you changed the CPU or any other device like the Video card since it was first installed? You try and do a fresh Install of the O.S. from what you have posted as it sounds like some kind of driver problem.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest a fresh FDISK and restart and then create and format the partition and install Windows fresh with this system. With WinNT 2K or XP the startup files are created when you do the install of the O.S. only its not plug and play with system resurces like the MB or IDE controllers.

memtest86+ v1.55 completed without error on both of the modules. memtest reported timings of 2.5-3-3-8??? going for a rebuild me thinks...

tx 4 the suggestions lets hope that the rebuild works... will keep u posted

• Corsair Employees
Please do let me know but I think you will be fine! You can also do a search for My Name and the phrase Fresh Install to get what others may have had issues with in the same type of problem.

Hi im back in business the rebuild has done the trick on timings of 2-3-3-6. Benched with 3dmark 2001 = 23101 and then with 3dmark 2005 = 6209. These seem like quite lame scores. Runnning at stock clock speeds.

Tx for all ur help! uve been a star

Archived