Corsair Community

cm74sd1024rlp & intel d845ebg2 motherboard

das1_consulting

Hi,

I recently purchased a 1gb cm74sd1024rlp memory chip for my Intel d845ebg2 motherboard. The motherboard should support this chip according to all the specifications listed. Whenever I try to boot up I get no video only 3 beeps which signify base 64k memory failure. Is this chip bad or did I miss something? Thanks

Welcome to the forums, das1_consulting!

Well, you've gotten the speed correct, but the specifications wrong. This particular module is a registered, ECC module. Neither of these functions are supported by the 845 chipset on your system.

I would contact your vendor and see if you can exchange it for a non-ECC, unbuffered DDR module.

PLUR

CK

p.s. Memory Information Sheet <---Specs on that module.

D845EBG2 Memory Specs <---Mainboard Guide. Please note that it says it supports ECC modules. De facto it does not! Do not purchase ECC modules for this board.

Please note that it says it supports ECC modules. De facto it does not!

RAM GUY, how many times have you told people to swap from ECC to non-ECC modules on P4 systems and had that 'fix' the problem? Didn't spec dig up an Intel CPU whitepaper a long time ago detailing why they don't work with ECC very reliably?

PLUR

CK

• Corsair Employees
LOL Too many times. And ECC support is or takes more than just the chipset supporting it. The MB maker would have to build that into their layout of the MB and include bios support as well. And ECC and Registered are not the same thing.

Archived