Corsair Community

Soltek SL-K8TPro-939 compatibility

thebigworm

Hi, I just found a (possibly) great deal on monarchcomputer.com for 2 GB (2 pcs 1GB) DDR2 (533) PC-4200 Corsair (VS2GBKIT533D2), but this pair doesn't seem to be listed under the Corsair compatibilty list for my mobo (Soltek SL-K8TPro-939). Normally I would take your site's word for it and disconsider the pair, but this is too good a deal to ignore. 2 gig of pc4200 for $180! So I was just wondering how I can find out whether the board will support it or not. Soltek's site doesn't help much, nor does it's manual. They both seem to indicate that ddr400 is the max, but your site lists some ddr550 as being compatible.

Thanks in advance!

That MB will not support DDR2 memory and thats what you have listed. You would need VS2GBKit400C3 for that MB.

Ah, that clears things up, thanks for helping a n00b :). Just to be sure, I can in fact use VS2GBKit400C3 right? The compatibility page shows VS1GBKIT400C3 but not the 2 gig, and it just so happens theres a good deal on the 2 gig on another site (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80098-86).

Thanks again, esp for being so prompt!

Archived