Corsair Community

Two bad sticks of RAM

eightyd

Hi, I'm doing my best to follow the RMA instructions, and this is where I was told to post. I've been running my system flawlessly for three years, until recently I was playing WoW and was having freezing problems in-game. So I used Ultimate Boot CD 3.2 the same I use at work to test drives and memory (I work for the Geek Squad), and while running Memtest86, two of my three corsair sticks (all tested individually) came up with many errors. I have one XMS Stick, and two value select sticks, one of which is 100% ok. All were purchased at newegg. Here are my system specs-

MSI KT3 Ultra-Aru

AXP 2100+

Default timings, voltages, and clock speeds

The two sticks I am having problems with are (white labels)-

1)

CMX512-3000C2

XMS3000V1.1

and

2)

VALUE SELECT

CORSAIR

VS512MB333

Thanks for the help!

• Corsair Employees
These 2 modules would not be compatible with each other in the same system. And I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and test them, one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

These 2 modules would not be compatible with each other in the same system.

I've ran them in the same system for the past three years, with no problems, at the same frequency. Both sticks are capable of 333mhz, so I don't quite understand where the incompatabilities lie. Is Corsair XMS incapable of clocking down to a slower frequency? I was understanding that XMS is the most able and flexible memory that corsair offers. Besides, if the XMS stick somehow corrupted itself and the non-XMS stick, why is my third non-XMS stick functioning fine?

Against my better judgment (I've seen too many problems from changing ram voltages), I ran the test at 2.75, and both sticks still came up with errors.

I am following the RMA procedure, it said I needed a forum post # for RMA approval, so I guess that is what I am waiting for.

Archived