Corsair Community

Two out Three SP120 are not lighting up.

kibbled
Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I purchased a three pack of Corsair SP120 with Lighting Node Core and only the first fan has a blueish white light.

I have all three fans plugged into the Lighting Node CORE. Only the first fan header is working. The other two fans do not light up. The other two fans RGB works because when I plug the other fans into the first fan port that fan lights up.

I have the node connected to a SATA power cable and an internal USB header hub.

My system originally just had the three Corsair LL120 series fans with its own Lighting Node PRO. I have not made any changes to those fans are are still working fine. The LL fans are plugged into its own PRO separate from the SP fans.

I do see both the Lighting Node Pro and Lightning Node Core in iCue.

The LL Fans do show the accurate colors in iCue However the SP fans do not. The iCue software does see that there are three SP fans but only the 1st fan is lit up white. 

20 minutes ago, kibbled said:

I purchased a three pack of Corsair SP120 with Lighting Node Core and only the first fan has a blueish white light.

I am not sure if you mean SP-Pro (8 LEDs DC motor) or SP-Elite (8 LEDs PWM motor), but make sure in CUE you put the Lighting Set up on "8 LED fan series x 3" or whatever number you have.  You don't have SP-RGB fans.  Those are the original Corsair 5v RGB fan and are different than all the others.  That SP Fan setting in CUE and it will make all other fans look like they are defective.  

If that's not it, then one of the SP-XXX fans has a bad LED and is causing trouble downstream on the series circuit.  

Edited by c-attack

This is the Newegg page that I ordered the fans from.

The Lighting Node Core is set to SP RGB Series Fan. The lighting Node Pro is set to LL RGB Series Fan for the 1st channel and nothing on the 2nd channel.  The SP fans are not connected to the Node Pro at all. The Node core is just plugged into the USB port directly.

I do no think any of the fans have a bad RGB because when I plug each of the SP fans into the 1st Node Pro port the RGB on each of the fans will light up white. 

• Solution
8 minutes ago, kibbled said:

The Lighting Node Core is set to SP RGB Series Fan.

You don't have SP-RGB fans.  You must configure it for "8 LED Fan Series".

21 minutes ago, c-attack said:

You don't have SP-RGB fans.  You must configure it for "8 LED Fan Series".

I started to resolve the issue by unplugging the old  LL fans. The new fans was reacting correctly to profiles, However the when I set the "Node Core" it would not number the RGB ports correctly.

The RGB ports on the Node Core started to work correctly once I switched the "Setup Lighting Channel 1" to "* LED Fan Series". 

I plugged the old fans back in and now everything is working correctly.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I bought the sp120 elite rgb fans the 3 pack and i have one fan that lights up bluish white so i unplug the fan and plug in another fan and a different fan lights up. in the icue i cant change the color or anything.  so my thought is maybe something is wrong in the rgb hub. any ways to fix it ?

17 minutes ago, Ryan Wilson said:

p120 elite rgb fans the 3 pack and i have one fan that lights up bluish white

Make sure lighting set-up is set to "8 LED fan series".  That blue-white light it normally what you get when you tell the controller you have SP-RGB fans.  You don't. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 1:49 PM, c-attack said:

Make sure lighting set-up is set to "8 LED fan series".  That blue-white light it normally what you get when you tell the controller you have SP-RGB fans.  You don't. 

right just because it says sp120 does not mean u put it as that in icue I did what he said as to set to 8 led and now it works just fine thx.

They need to clean this problem up a bit by moving the “SP-RGB” entry to the bottom of the list. That is a 2016 discontinued fan. Anyone new to the Corsair system is going to have SP-Elite RGB fans and the distinction seems trivial, but clearly is not. All the new ML-Elite, SP-Elite, and AF-Elite RGB fans fall under the “8 LED fan series” category. That needs to come up from the bottom to the top of the list to be more noticeable. This is a consistent new setup problem. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1