Corsair Community

black dashboard

Pablex
Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello Guys

I am having a really hard time trying to use iCUE software correctly.

My main problem is the RAM sticks, I am changing the hardware lighting and it makes the effect but as soon as i go to another item on the dashboard it all becomes black.  The only button I have is Check for update, and adjust brightness.  The firmware is V 1.01.5 

Hardware Lighting is the active state when CUE is not running. For the most part this will be during boot, shutdown, or if you manually quit CUE. The software will preview the effect for you when it hardware lighting mode but it’s just temporary. The added wrinkle is RAM HW Lighting is automatically saved to the sticks, so you’ll notice s slight delay when choosing HW Lighting presets as each choice is saved to the modules. 

For your normal lighting effects when in the OS, use the Lighting Effects tab. This provides the most lighting options. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:47 PM, Pablex said:

I am changing the hardware lighting and it makes the effect but as soon as i go to another item on the dashboard it all becomes black. 

I am I misunderstanding this?  This is normal behavior. You can see the hardware lighting as a preview while you are in that tab, but when you go elsewhere the preview goes away. The effect will show if you quit CUE. 

What happens when you add something in “Lighting Effects”?

Edited by c-attack

• Corsair Employee

Just so you understand what Hardware Lighting, the changes that you make and save to the Hardware Lighting of the memory kit, will only take effect when the iCUE software is not running. For example when the system initially boots up, the system is locked or at the login screen, or when you have shutdown iCUE. 

If you wish to have the RGB lit up to your desired effect with iCUE running, you will need to make those desired changes in the Lighting Effects settings for the DRAM. I have provided screenshots below as an example.

iCUE Running: 

image.thumb.png.9741bddad1fc09dfd29d487091ce3889.png

Hardware Lighting (iCUE not running): 

image.thumb.png.6f666427f87d8fb567feb99dff4fb555.png

Thank you so much ! I am getting better with the iCue Software Programing. Today when i boot up my pc the rams where in the hardware lighting , but when i unlocked screen and icue starts automatically it didnt change to the lighting configuration, do you know why sometimes this happens? what are some things that may interfere with the lights on ram sticks. 

It’s possible for other RGB programs or monitoring programs to interfere with communication between the RAM and CUE. They all share access to the RAM through the motherboard. Common conflicts are other RGB programs like your motherboard RGB control software also trying to control the RAM and detailed monitoring programs like AIDA or HWinfo that access it frequently for data. Can you list your motherboard model and if you are using its RGB software?

The other thing to check is if you have your software lighting set how you want. Any software profile can be set to be the default profile and there is nothing special about the automatically generated “default” profile. It can be renamed or deleted. Make sure the profile assigned to be default has lighting set. HW Lighting profiles for mice and KBs cannot be the default profile and CUE profiles assigned to a specific .exe or program cannot be the default. 

Unlike HW Lighting where setting it in any profile does the job, each software profile has its own color/pattern setting in Lighting Effects that only applies when that profile is active. When you go into Lighting Effects for any profile and change the lighting around, does it change on the modules?  Or is the lighting frozen?

Edited by c-attack

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

If you go to the CUE settings (gear), you can disable the various integrations.  If you wish to selectively disable some aspects, go to "software and games" and then block the relevant parts.  If you do not want CUE to do use any of the plugins from Asus, Nvidia, or games, you can disable it all with one click from the Settings>General tab by deselecting "plugins" about half way down the list.  

Edited by c-attack