Corsair Community

H150i Elite LCD displays triangle and Exclamation point

LJHCPA

I just powered up my new system to see if everything/anything works. Noticed the LCD display on the H150i Elite appears to initialize as I see the corsair logo, but after about 30 seconds it displays a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, The fans are all spinning, but none of them are lit up. The CPU temperature in the BIOS shows the temp as 100 degrees F and rising, so I shut it off to be safe. It appears the pump is not working. Pump tach wire is connected to MB CPU fan header.

I checked all the connections and they all seem secure--although the main connector to the Commander Core seems loose fitting it is inserted all the way. If the Core had no power the fans wouldn't be spinning would they?

Any suggestions? Do I need to open a support ticket?

Just a thought...I see the LED's on the fans flicker once briefly on startup, then go off. I don't have an operating system installed yet--still waiting for my 990 Pro SSD's to come in, so I don't have iCUE installed.  Will this problem go away once I get iCUE installed?

OK, I just found the Hardware Troubleshooting section of the forum, and read some good information there.

Apparently, the triangle and exclamation point is a common problem, and it appears to be caused by the Core control connector not being fully inserted into the Core body. I pressed VERY firmly on my connector and felt it snap slightly. Now the LCD displays the coolant temperature, I assume I have to have iCUE installed to turn on the lighting. Afew more days and my boot disk should be here and I'll get the OS installed and try that.

Yes, this has been a persistent issue. If it happens again, try the ‘power reset’ described in most threads. Shutdown normally, flip PSU off, check wide connector on Com Core and LCD top if you have that too. That takes long enough to force the Com Core to do a reassessment on the next power on. Flip the PSU back on, start up normally. 

Sometimes the lighting will default to rainbow, but the interrupted power connection may have dropped it to off. This not abnormal for this state with no OS or software. Once CUE is installed, you can set basic lighting patterns for the hardware state (boot, shutdown, bios, etc). 

Thanks for the information. I am hopeful that firmly inserting the control cable did the trick. While I am in the BIOS it appears the AIO is working like it's supposed to. The temperature stabilizes around 32 C and doesn't spike upwards at any time within 10-15 minutes. The AIO tachometer reads around 2,200 RPM, so the pump appears to be working. The system is not noisy, even with the side cover off, so I don't think all 13 fans are running at full speed. In addition, I have an MSI 4090 video card with 3 fans and they don't make much noise either. The only fan with full RGB is the rear exhaust fan which is connected to a MB fan header, and the RGB to a RGB hub that came with my Commander Core XT or 3-pack of fans. Hopefully, the iCUE software will light them all up properly.

Nearly all of these (!) are not pump failures, but some type of handshake error. It seems like the power cable was not fully connected and thus you experienced an actual physical problem as a result. It appears to be fine now and it looks like you solved it. Unfortunately that (!) is the AIO equivalent of the ‘check engine light’ in most modern cars. Totally useless for identifying the problem without the code and tool to read it. Same thing here as it can mean actual pump fail, no power, bad communication, voltage drop, etc.  

I don’t see any reason to be concerned at this point and you should be ready to go when it’s time. 

Edited by c-attack