Corsair Community

I've got a bad memory module.

zeph

Following Corsair's advice, I decided to post here first with my problem.

Corsair VS512MB400 512MB DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 Value Select is what I've got.

I've been having computer problems alot lately. Programs crashing, BSOD's, corrupt files. I ran a few tests on my harddrive, and it passed every one. I ran memory tests on both of my RAM sticks individually and one of them failed. In fact, it had 7064 errors. Yes, 7064.

I bought it from ZipZoomFly.com. I asked them for an RMA and they denied it because it's past 15 days, according to their policy.

So I'd like to get an RMA from Corsair. They have lifetime warranties on all of their RAM thankfully.

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts if you have not done so. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

I did test them, one at a time, with memtest86.

Results in my original post. I need a new stick. Since taking it out, my computer, although a tad slower, hasn't failed yet. No crashes, no BSOD's, nothing wrong.

• Corsair Employees

No problem, please let me know if you have any questions. And if you are a reseller, you might call Customer Service over the phone and see if they can help you speed up the process if your customer is waiting.

888-222-4346 and dial "0".

No questions, I just got my RMA number and will be sending it tomorrow.

And I was writing a database administration tool for my customers server, it's nothing to do with reselling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
That was shipped on the 22nd of June. You should have had it by now as we send every thing 3 Day UPS. Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" And ask them for tracking info on your package.

Awesome, that'd totally help out, heh.

Also, see if marketing can reduce the price of my calc book to 150 instead of 200. I'm freakin' broke between my books, I hardly have enough to pay for gas!

• Corsair Employees
Best thing would be to sign up for our news letter from the main web page as we would likely post the notice there of something like that, But I would also watch the major on-line resellers as well as they have sales from time to time as well.

Archived