Corsair Community

Watercooling Zotac Trinity LH 3080 PROBLEMS

I purchased the correct corsair waterblock for my Zotac Trinity 3080 LH OC. No problems installing but when I try to run my computer I have problems. Sometimes it will boot into windows but after about a minute, weather or not I' doing anything, my displays will go blank. Keyboard shorrcuts to turn off the PC no longer work at this point but all components still have power. My cooling loop is running fast and cold and it cooled my CPU fine before I tried adding the GPH. In Linux it runs fine at at around 37 celcius but the same thing happens when I do a stress test. Is there anything simple I'm missing or did I just kill my card somehow when installing the cooler? 

to have an idea we'd need to know what your loop looks like, and if you have a hot room to start with maybe.

how many rads, what size radiators, the orientation of the fans in the case (radiators blowing out, or in) etc...

37°C sounds pretty hot, if it's an idle temperature, so, knowing your ambient temp will help know if the PC is struggling or if it's normal

Ive got two rads, a 120mm×240mm and a 140mm×280mm, one at the top of the case and one at the bottom. Two fans each blowing downwards. I can get a little more done in Linux because it uses less processing power. I ran a script to pull temperature data from the card, I don't remember exact numbers but I was just above the minimum operating temperature. 

If you can get the GPU temperature and the water temperature at idle and under load that would be nice.

Maybe your linux desktop environment doesn't use hardware acceleration the same way windows does and, if there is a big temperature problem, the card could be overheating. But it's hard to know without temperature figures.

I need to run a stress test while monitoring temperature to be sure but I don't think it's a cooling issue. If I boot into windows and do nothing it dies shortly, even if it wasn't be optimally cooled it should be able to handle more than that. A friend suggested that the card might be trying to increase fan speed as load increases but since the fans are gone it gets an error and stops running to protect itself. I figured if that was the case someone else would have run into this before.

yea, fans aren't a problem. the PWM goes up and down but they only stop on thermal issues.

If you have bad contact between the die and waterblock you could have shutdowns. that's why it would be good to know what temp it runs at.