Corsair Community

HX1500i - Extensions For 8-Pin EPS12V Cables

Go to solution Solved by OpenMind23,

As the title suggests,  the problem I have obviously is that both of my 8-Pin EPS power cables that are supplied with this PSU are too short to reach my mobo CPU power connectors. Therefore I need x2 extensions for them. 

Any advice on if there is any worry about these extensions or what is the best brand of extension cables for this particular power supply.  I have looked and most replacement cables are the same length as the ones supplied, so I guess it will have to be extensions. Thanks in advance for any responses and help 🙂

Usually it's best to avoid extensions altogether, because of voltage drop they induce, due to additional connexions.

It's surprising you can't reach the motherboard, i'm curious what case you have ^^'

Indeed, it is a very large case lol. It's the Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black) 🙂 

hmm.. usually on big cases like that, the cable does reach, but you can't cable manage it, it has to go across the motherboard backplate and straight to the connector.

• Solution

Yeah I could try that, but I think the main problem with these supplied cables is that they are flat and cannot be manipulted easily (cannot go around corners etc) I have bought a pack of  CableMod Pro Extensions and see how it goes with them, but thanks for your advice 🙂

• Corsair Employee

The EPS12V cable will definitely reach the CPU power in that case. Extensions are not recommended as it just adds another failure point.