Corsair Community

Looking for motherboard recommendations for memory model CMT64GX4M2E3200C16

VNC

Hi,

I bought myself a Corsair Dominator Platinum (more specifically CMT64GX4M2E3200C16) with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU, and Asus B550 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard. Based on sites like Pangoly, they claim that the motherboard should be fine (https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/corsair-dominator-platinum-rgb-64gb-4x16gb-ddr4-3200/motherboard#compatible-list) but unfortunately this is not the case. The POST check fails with DRAM. Now looking at the QVL for this motherboard on ASRock's site (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#MemoryCEZ), i cannot find my memory mode there and this a bummer. I looked at other motherboards on the ASRock site as well as other vendors (e.g. MSI) but cannot find a suitable motherboard where the QVL would have the memory. So, I am wondering if someone from Corsair support could help me find a list of motherboards where this memory model would be in their QVL or suggest some motherboards which would be affordable (100-150€) and appropriate.

Thanks

your current motherboard should be fine. the QVL list is only a list of memory kits that Asus had on hand and have been able to test. It's not a definitive list of the ONLY sticks that work on this motherboard.

3200 C16 is very easy to run so it's probably just a bios setting issues or a bios update to make.

With Ryzen, the manufacturers publish bios updates regularely to add more memory stability fixes, so it's very important that you make sure your motherboard is up to date with the latest bios revision.

And if you change from other sticks to these, after swapping them,  you also need to perform a reset to default on the bios, to make sure you get rid of the timing settings of the old kit.

Then enable the DOCP/XMP profile to run at 3200 C16, and see how it goes.