Corsair Community

Corsair icue H150i Elite 360mm CPU cooler RGB fan not lighting up

Luke K

I have a new PC and am using the Corsair iCue H150i Elite 360mm CPU cooler and one the 3 fans RGB fan not lighting up.  When I first booted the CP thay all seemed to work but I reconfigured the case moving the fans and now the one fan won't light up.   I have tried restarting the PC and redetecting the fans with different modes, but nothing seems to work.  The fans is getting power and spinning.  It is hooked up to the Corsair RGB hub that came with the cooler.

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue.

Are we talking about a “H150i elite” that comes with three black AF fans you have replaced with other RGB fans?  Or a H150i Elite Capellix that comes with a Commander Core fan controller and 3 ML-Elite OEM fans?

If the Capellix model with Commander Core, that device has an auto-detection system as well as independent RGB headers. In CUE lighting effects, does it show 2 fans or 3?  You can re-run the RGB detection from the settings menu if it only shows 2. If it shows all 3, make sure the current lighting effect is applied to all 3 fans. If it still does not light up, temporarily swap that fan’s RGB connector with another of the working fans. See if the problem travels with the fan or stays with header #1-2-3. You may need to re-run the RGB detection if you do this while powered on. 

If you were referring to a H150i Elite AIO with another RGB controller, you’ll need to be more specific about what items you’re using. 

Thanks for the reply, I have the model SKU CW-9060062-WW which Cyberpower listed as :iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler" and look like the cooler listed here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-LCD-Display-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060062-WW 

It came with RGB fans and Commander core.  The when I run auto detection it only finds one of the three fans.  If I manually detect set the 2 that are not found and select ML series fan, then one lights up and works.  The third one is not recognized during the auto setup or works if I try manually detecting and selecting any of the fan types.  If I swap the connectors the 3rd fan still does not light up.

Unlike all the other Corsair RGB controllers, the Commander Core/XT has independent RGB headers and is not a series circuit. Try moving #3 to the 4 RGB slot and rerun or power down and cold boot. 

The other option is to try s forced manual setting of “8LED fan x 3”. I think this is a RGB port issue on the Commander Core so this may not work.