Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB Pro Dual Fan Kit with Lighting Node Core

Sparky_Lab

Hi, 

There are 2 wire per fan. One is the RGB I know have to insert into the Lighting core, but the fan only have the 3 pin and I can't get it into the motherboard. So I wanting to know if I need to insert the fan wire or just leave it? The image is the fan wire, and the core only have 6 RGB connector. I am so confused, Check YT, only find those that have 4 pins which they can insert into their motherboard. Instruction booklet only say insert the RGB wire and the core wire into the motherboard. - Thanks. 

20221105_123904.jpg

The SP-Pro series fan has a DC motor and a 3 pin connector (no 4th PWM pin/wire).  That wire is responsible for power/voltage/ground and the fan will not spin without it connected to a fan controller.  Most motherboards have dual DC/PWM fan header support, but sometimes CPU Fan is PWM only.  You need to connect it to any available chassis or system fan header on the motherboard and then speed control will be through the BIOS or motherboard control program.  The RGB part will controlled through CUE.  

🙂 Thank you. To double check, The fan header are those sys fan (number) ? 

I have no problem getting the fan to work now if I insert into the cooler commander core, just that the RGB will not work. I probably going to cluster the back and have 2 core one ( for all the RGB into the Lighting Node core and all the fans ( including the 140mm ) into the core for the H50i cooler ( 140mm fan does work when I insert, but all the RGB including for the one for the cooler not lighting up ).  

But again, thanks for taking the time to explain and help 🙂 

1.jpg

Yes, the name varies with motherboard maker.  On MSI it is SYS_Fan 1-2-3-4-5 etc.  

You have a Corsair Elite Capellix AIO too?  It can control the RGB for the SP-Pro (8 LED fan) and should auto-detect it.  The ML-Elite OEM fans that come with the AIO are also 8 LEDs so that is an easy match and they are identical for lighting.  However, the Commander Core is a PWM only controller, so it can't regulate the speed on the DC SP-Pro.  It will run at maximum at all times from the constant 12v PWM signal.  You'll need to put them on the MB for speed control.  

Oh no, not the Capellix but the Elite LCD display.  Funny is that nothing detected when I insert the RGB and light don't come on. That is why I came here to ask, lol! ( I spend the whole night yesterday trying and gave up at 1am, lol! And this morning, I thought ok, maybe try to insert into the motherboard, the pin on the motherboard does not want to go in. I worried I might break the pin if I force it so I cam in to ask.

Oh man, I probably going to try again then tomorrow, cos the 140mm fan is loud ( probably like you said, it's on full speed ). 

Edited by Sparky_Lab

Wow! Finally able to insert. I use the stronger torch-light so to see better and am able to insert into the motherboard and immediately it is quieter and at the nice speed. 

Thank you so much c-attackyou have helped greatly 😁

Edit: ( cannot edit the original title ) But Problem solved. 

Edited by Sparky_Lab