Corsair Community

Another Bad Stick of Corsair Memory

Recently Corsair replaced one bad stick of DDR ValueSelect memory. That replacement piece is bad. It would not allow one computer to boot up at all, but the computer would boot with known good RAM and run without problems. I then tried it in a second computer. In the second system, it would permit booting, although with occasional hiccups. However, numerous Windows and application memory errors were recorded, and system lock-ups would occur. Then the RAM corrupted the Windows installation. I ran Memtest on that piece of RAM, and it immediately failed test No. 3.

This piece is Corsair US256MB333, barcode no. 799-0408084-0-001332. Request RMA. Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" Ad let them know you had this replaced once before. However, if you should have this problem again, I would suspect some other problem, and I would take good look at your MB.

Archived