Corsair Community

Possible to control Asus motherboard LED's without installimng terrible Asus software ?

I got an Asus Z790 motherboard a few days ago and have been having some serious issues with their crap software not even detecting the board or going into endless install loops.

Is there any way I can download a simple plugin for the Asus product so iCUE sees it and is able to set lighting  ?

Unfortunately, ICUE can only control the +12V RGB header, not the +5V ARGB headers.  Pretty frustrating I know and I'm unsure why it is the case.

PS. I hear you about the "endless install loops" with Armour Crate. I got an ASUS TUF 4090 OC and needed to update AC to control the GPU lighting. AC kept telling me it the need to update and then not appear to do anything; after 4 or 5 times doing the same thing, it did finally update.

35 minutes ago, BlaiseP said:

Unfortunately, ICUE can only control the +12V RGB header, not the +5V ARGB headers.  Pretty frustrating I know and I'm unsure why it is the case.

PS. I hear you about the "endless install loops" with Armour Crate. I got an ASUS TUF 4090 OC and needed to update AC to control the GPU lighting. AC kept telling me it the need to update and then not appear to do anything; after 4 or 5 times doing the same thing, it did finally update.

It's not the headers I'd like to control but rather the IO shield lighting and chipset lighting, I think I'll just turn them off in the bios until Asus hire some competent coders.