Corsair Community

RM1000i Daisy chain PCI-E Cables with 4090

Hello. I plan on buying a 4090 and I currently have a 2015 RM1000i which comes only with 4x daisy chain PCI-E cables. Is it ok to use only 2 of these cables to connect it to an included 12VHPWR to 4x8pin adapter or do I have to use 4 individual cables. What output are these cables rated for? I couldn't find any official info on that.

none of the above if you can get your hands on a corsair 12VHPWR cable ^^

The Nvidia adapter is a... moderate catastrophy, and using two pigtails to power it is far from ideal. So far, all of the occurrences of 12VHPWR melting are on the nvidia adapter because of crap design and bad parts choice... Turns out ist is pretty cheaply made and it would be adviseable to only use it while trying to get a proper cable from the PSU manufacturer. There are several videos and articles on the problem, from Igor's lab, Buildzoid and others explaining what the issue is with this squid cable.

So, to start with, using 4 discrete PCIE cables with the adapter will get you by, watching carefully not to bend the cables at the connector, but really you'd want to get that cable :

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

4 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

none of the above if you can get your hands on a corsair 12VHPWR cable ^^

The Nvidia adapter is a... moderate catastrophy, and using two pigtails to power it is far from ideal. So far, all of the occurrences of 12VHPWR melting are on the nvidia adapter because of crap design and bad parts choice... Turns out ist is pretty cheaply made and it would be adviseable to only use it while trying to get a proper cable from the PSU manufacturer. There are several videos and articles on the problem, from Igor's lab, Buildzoid and others explaining what the issue is with this squid cable.

So, to start with, using 4 discrete PCIE cables with the adapter will get you by, watching carefully not to bend the cables at the connector, but really you'd want to get that cable :

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

Can't get neither Corsair or CableMods cable, but I've ordered a 16AWG 12VHPWR to 4x8pin extension from China.