Corsair Community

iCue does not detect any devices

Go to solution Solved by FFFern,

Brand new AMD 5 build with ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme and Ryzen 7900X.

I have a 1000D case loaded with ML120 fans, H170i cooler etc.

iCue shows absolutely no sensors to add.  Physical USB connections are good, all USB ports enabled in BIOS.  All the lighting is lit up, water pump is running, fans are all turning.  But nothing in iCue.

Tried some forum suggestions, doing a software repair install, powering off PSU etc.  No change.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 123428.png

I have this problem too.

I just built a new PC with an Asus Z690-E motherboard, 13th Gen Intel cpu, iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX AIO, 6 x iCue SP120 fans, and iCue is just blank like yours.

All together that's 9 Corsair fans and the AIO. 6 plugged into one Corsair iCue controller (came with the AIO, powers the fans and does RGB) and 3 plugged into another small one (RGB only, so the fans plug into the motherboard for power), and the two controllers each have a USB header on the motherboard.

I've also unplugged the smaller one and just run the big one, with a reinstall of iCue too (and deleted folders), but still iCue detects absolutely no devices.

It's good at least to see that other people are having the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Well I did find the problem as it applied to me...  I was attempting to run iCUE in a Remote Desktop session (from my old computer).  When in RDP sessions, iCUE does this and won't show any sensors.

Running it when logged in normally (in front of the computer) is working fine (in my situation anyway).

I hope this helps someone out there 🙂

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, FFFern said:

Well I did find the problem as it applied to me...  I was attempting to run iCUE in a Remote Desktop session (from my old computer).  When in RDP sessions, iCUE does this and won't show any sensors.

Running it when logged in normally (in front of the computer) is working fine (in my situation anyway).

I hope this helps someone out there 🙂

Welp... that just solved all my problems... I built my new PC with a monitor in one room, and as soon as remote desktop worked I moved it elsewhere and didn't even bother plugging in a monitor, so I've been troubleshooting my iCUE issues over RDC. I just dragged a monitor over and plugged it in and iCUE seems to be fine. Thanks!