Corsair Community

Help Sync 10 QL Fans in ICUE

I made a vide explaining my issue. 

Can somebody help? I am not sure if ICUE can sync all QL fans at the same time detecting them from multi controllers. 

I can link and sync but loosing the QL lighting features. The Link option is limited. If corsair sell the QL fans, why not supporting them in link? I am missing something? 

The unique sequential lighting effects on the QL do not exist for most other devices because they lack the general ring design of the QLs.  As such, those effects are not part of any lighting link or "scene" since each device must be able to perform the effect.  There is no way to run a single effect across multiple controllers in sequence.  You can set each controller to Pong, Infinity, etc., but the effect will run for that controller or LED channel only. 

It is theoretically possible to program a wave pattern on each device that creates the illusion of sequential passage through the case by programming delays before/after the wave to allow the pattern to complete on the other controllers.  However, it takes a fair bit of experimentation to get the timing nailed down and most users are going to prefer the more complex ready-made presets for the QL.  

Edited by c-attack

Corsair should update their software to enable this feature for their flagship fan. I just invest on 12 QL fans, 1 Pro controller and 2 XT controllers to find out can not be synchronized with the QL lighting features. I upgraded from LL to QL. Waste of money. 

After this I can not recommend those fans unless they fix this. 

This only matters if you are trying to run a sequential wave from fan 1 to fan 10.  All QL fans can be set to the same pattern and most effects do not have a singular sequential nature.  Your QL fan have several more effects than the LL.  Presumably your rationale for buying the QL fan was you wanted a double sided ring fan instead of a single side ring fan.  You have that now and presets don't jump across controllers for other fans either.  The pre-programmed Lighting Link or Scene "Visor" is the only multi-component sequential effect, although you will not be able to determine device order.  

There are more effect in the QL that runs sync with up to 6 devices (controller limit) that will look amazing if can be sync with all the 12 lights I have. 

Thank about it. There are others brands much cheaper that have this feature and my $35 a peace FAN + controllers can not do this. H150i + Pro Controller + XL controller. 

By the way, I fond the Pro Controller useless. The only nice feature is that act as USB hub. 

5 hours ago, Nelvick said:

that will look amazing if can be sync with all the 12 lights I have.

This is the direction things need to go.  When these fans and controllers were first developed, a big case still had 6 fans.  We've gone way past that now and mid-size cases can have 9-10.  I don't think there's much doubt this should be expanded to match to current landscape, but it may require more than a software tweak or I suspect we already would have it.  

They should update the software or the controllers. My case has 12 fans. 12 are QL. 

Another problem with the QL is the poor performance moving air across the radiators. They are super weak even in 1500 rpms. 

I know the LL can push up to 1800 rpm if I am not mistaking but still. They should have an option for a high performance RGB fan. 

1 hour ago, Nelvick said:

They are super weak even in 1500 rpms. 

I know the LL can push up to 1800 rpm if I am not mistaking but still. They should have an option for a high performance RGB fan.

That's what the ML-Elite is for.  If you are running a 120 or 240mm radiator this may have some impact, but on 360mm and larger it's not going to matter very much and the limitation is elsewhere.  A bit hard to be quiet, pretty, and move the most air of any fan.