Corsair Community

Generic LCD Display Warning | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler

Go to solution Solved by Async,

My Cooler LED is giving the generic warning symbol ever since the second time (and the first time in the case) I turned on the system.

I'm pretty sure its a software not a hardware issue.

Here's an illustration of the whole history of the situation for context:
image.thumb.png.979d0465e30c7396284cd257f1ae15f3.png

Again, everything else is doing ok. Not sure what's up with this Display.

--
This is an issue with a history on the forums too, its a generic problem case:

--
1. Its a CORSAIR component that utilizes an internal USB port on the motherboard:

Fitting the example case of "CORSAIR Platinum Series Cooler -> CORSAIR COMMANDER PRO -> Motherboard USB header" exactly. (Given one unit is not detected, the cooler)
--

2. Fits the bill of "LCD is not recognized when connecting Commander CORE (XT)" perfectly:

Thus, I ordered much anticipated adapters for the "Temporary Solution" for the supposedly patched problem (patched latest April 2022, its October 2022) to try it out;
quoting, "Run an adapter that allows you to plug one of the three devices into the rear motherboard I/O port. (e.g. Internal to external adapter)".

--

All drivers are installed, entirety of the machine is functional other than this "false alarm" as I regard it. CPU is stable and everything seems ok.

Edited by Async

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I returned the Cooler. The radiator thermometer was defective.

Got a new Cooler and it worked... once I put it fully into the PC Case, with the Radiator above the LED/turbine.
Before that, it was getting a general fault error (The generic Warning symbol). Maybe a screw is required for grounding, or its  safety to prevent air from being in the turbine readily. Had this issue with the one that ALSO had the radiator defect.

Edited by Async