Corsair Community

1 GB (2 x 512) XMS 4400 C25PT

Kesnel

Hello,

I have the Corsair XMS 4400 C25PT modules in my system at the moment. However, they appear to be faulty. They produce numerous errors in memtest, prime 95 and super pi. The Code on the sticker of these modules reads as follows:

CMX512 - 4400C25PT

My system is set up as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939

CPU: AMD 64 Athlon 3700+ San Diego core at 2750Mhz (HTT = 275mhz CPU multi = 10).

RAM: Corsair XMS PC4400 C25PT at 275mhz and 2.7volts with timings of 2.5-4-4-8.

I've found that I am unable to get these modules to function with out errors. Does this mean that are eligible for an RMA?

• Corsair Employee
Well I have no problem replacing the modules but I have not seen this MB able to run at these settings with any module. I would suggest testing the modules one at a time in another system with the Dim Voltage set to 2.8 Volts and set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-5 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" at DDR400 to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again.

Can you tell me whether the modules I sent off have been replaced?

I received what I assume to be new modules today in the mail, however they are still failing at the rated speeds and timings.

My RAM# was R83264. Was I sent back my old modules or were new modules sent as replacements?

• Corsair Employee

Yes they were replaced, and if you are getting the same failure then that would suggest it may be the MB and or CPU failing.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived