Corsair Community

Need info on how to drain Hydro XD7

Hello all,

Not sure if this was posted it before but I would like to know how to drain the XD7 reservoir, searching on internet + checking corsair website and the official manual of the product, I didn't find anything useful or clear and I'm not ready to take the risk and do this without knowing what where I'm going.

Can someone enlighten me with the right procedure on how to do this?

Thanks!

Are you planning a loop and want to know the best way to set up a drain?  Or you are already up and running and now need to find a way out of a predicament?  

Is this a hardline or soft tube build?  

Regardless of any of the above, you want the drain to be at the lowest point in the loop and it's helpful if you can somehow let air in at a higher part of the loop.  

12 hours ago, c-attack said:

Are you planning a loop and want to know the best way to set up a drain?  Or you are already up and running and now need to find a way out of a predicament?  

Is this a hardline or soft tube build?  

Regardless of any of the above, you want the drain to be at the lowest point in the loop and it's helpful if you can somehow let air in at a higher part of the loop.  

My loop is up and running for 5 months now, though I'm planning to change my Graphics card in the near future, as you may have heard of the RTX 4090 release yesterday and I need to drain the loop before I take off my old graphics card, also I need to wait for the release of the new Corsair water block for the RTX 4090 series.

all are hardline tubes.

OK, well it's hard to say exactly since we don't know the precise layout, but you want to undo a connection near the bottom.  I also am assuming there is no specific drain port installed.

Lowest point is likely to be the outflow port on the XD5 or possibly under the GPU.  If you are caught without a drain valve, one possible escape is to slide in a flat pan under the pump, GPU, etc. and undo one tube connection.  It's going to drip a bit, but the pan has you covered.  You can then try using a couple of proper sized receptacles under the open ports to drain.  Wait until you get to this point before unscrewing a top fill port on the reservoir.  Once you do that, it will also flow out.