Corsair Community

DRAM DDR5 Interoperability with iCUE

• Corsair Employees

To our valued customers,

We recently discovered an issue on one of our production lines affecting select SKUs of DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 and VENGEANCE RGB DDR5. The issue causes kits to not be detected in iCUE software, making it impossible to control their RGB lighting, although kits will still boot and operate as normal otherwise.  Affected kits were only manufactured between August 31st- September 21st 2022, so CORSAIR memory purchased before this is not impacted. We are no longer shipping affected kits, so all future stock is similarly unaffected.  

While the stock in question represents only a small percentage of our production, we take the quality of our memory products extremely seriously and are proactively replacing all affected DRAM modules. A full list of affected SKUs and lot codes are below.

image.png.1e3053bd2dfbbf3f7dfa6d740d95320c.png

Please follow the link below to submit a support request, Please make sure to also send us a photo attachment of the serial number and your proof of purchase in order to better assist you

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/p/DDR5-Service

NOTE:

Customers using AMD’s X670 platform may encounter a similar problem, memory that does not show up in iCUE, even if the memory kit is not part of the affected lot code. This is due to an interaction with the AMD Thunderbolt drivers that is under investigation. If your kit is not part of the affected lot codes, please verify that disabling the Thunderbolt drivers temporarily resolves the issue.
If you require the use of Thunderbolt, you can set a hardware profile in iCUE for the memory while the drivers are disabled, then re-enable Thunderbolt. We are working with our partners to rectify the detection issue due to these drivers as soon as possible.

Intel customers experiencing this issue on a kit that is not part of the affected lot codes can perform one of the following:

1. Perform a Windows update to install thunderbolt driver
  2. Download  the Thunderbolt Driver 1.41.1193.0 directly from Intel.com Link to Download

We thank you for your understanding and continued business in this matter.  

CORSAIR

61450a53e19c9d46efd583956664b325e9b6d687.PNG

• Like 1

Yep I was too wondering why my Dominator DDR5 RAM  wasn’t being recognized.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:31 PM, Corsair Nick said:

To our valued customers,

We recently discovered an issue on one of our production lines affecting select SKUs of DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 and VENGEANCE RGB DDR5. The issue causes kits to not be detected in iCUE software, making it impossible to control their RGB lighting, although kits will still boot and operate as normal otherwise.  Affected kits were only manufactured between August 31st- September 21st 2022, so CORSAIR memory purchased before this is not impacted. We are no longer shipping affected kits, so all future stock is similarly unaffected.  

While the stock in question represents only a small percentage of our production, we take the quality of our memory products extremely seriously and are proactively replacing all affected DRAM modules. A full list of affected SKUs and lot codes are below.

image.png.1e3053bd2dfbbf3f7dfa6d740d95320c.png

Please follow the link below to submit a support request, Please make sure to also send us a photo attachment of the serial number and your proof of purchase in order to better assist you

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/p/DDR5-Service

We thank you for your understanding and continued business in this matter.  

CORSAIR

61450a53e19c9d46efd583956664b325e9b6d687.PNG

I have submitted a claim as, although my 2 x CMH32GX5M2B5600C36W DRAM don't have one of the batch numbers in your table, they exhibit the issue and their SN starts 223512 which I assume is YYWW?? and week 35 29/Aug to 04/Sep is within the date range you have identified had the manufacturing issue.

Incidentally what comes after YYWW?? in the SN where I have 12?

After taking the latest iCUE update, mine are now recognized sigh! I’m happy I don’t have to uninstall - RMA - re-install.

Good job with the update Corsair!

• Corsair Employees
On 10/13/2022 at 2:42 PM, Spr0gz said:

I have submitted a claim as, although my 2 x CMH32GX5M2B5600C36W DRAM don't have one of the batch numbers in your table, they exhibit the issue and their SN starts 223512 which I assume is YYWW?? and week 35 29/Aug to 04/Sep is within the date range you have identified had the manufacturing issue.

Incidentally what comes after YYWW?? in the SN where I have 12?

Thanks for already starting a support ticket even though it is not part of the specified lots.  One of the Technical Support Agents will be able to assist you with replacing the kits.

I have this ram, and i can see my ram in icue but when look for latest firmware i get a error.

IMG20221019064429.thumb.jpg.baa18d6b4733a5464750000b4790a9b3.jpg

• Corsair Employees

Quick update, we've amended the original post with information for those of you that own memory models on the list, but not apart of the lot codes specified.

"NOTE: Customers using AMD’s X670 platform may encounter a similar problem, memory that does not show up in iCUE, even if the memory kit is not part of the affected lot code. This is due to an interaction with the AMD Thunderbolt drivers that is under investigation. If your kit is not part of the affected lot codes, please verify that disabling the Thunderbolt drivers temporarily resolves the issue.
If you require the use of Thunderbolt, you can set a hardware profile in iCUE for the memory while the drivers are disabled, then re-enable Thunderbolt. We are working with our partners to rectify the detection issue due to these drivers as soon as possible."

8 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Quick update, we've amended the original post with information for those of you that own memory models on the list, but not apart of the lot codes specified.

"NOTE: Customers using AMD’s X670 platform may encounter a similar problem, memory that does not show up in iCUE, even if the memory kit is not part of the affected lot code. This is due to an interaction with the AMD Thunderbolt drivers that is under investigation. If your kit is not part of the affected lot codes, please verify that disabling the Thunderbolt drivers temporarily resolves the issue.
If you require the use of Thunderbolt, you can set a hardware profile in iCUE for the memory while the drivers are disabled, then re-enable Thunderbolt. We are working with our partners to rectify the detection issue due to these drivers as soon as possible."

Did all that, and still not working.

Thanks for deleting my post. It's white replacement RAM now or it's a refund!

I've been using, recommending, and building systems with Corsair products for over 20 years.

Why did I have to hunt this forum post down, to find out WTF is going wrong with your product.

The place I purchased this RAM from should be the first place informing me that there is an issue with my ram, not this ****.

• Corsair Employees
15 hours ago, Cashy said:

Did all that, and still not working.

Thanks for deleting my post. It's white replacement RAM now or it's a refund!

I've been using, recommending, and building systems with Corsair products for over 20 years.

Why did I have to hunt this forum post down, to find out WTF is going wrong with your product.

The place I purchased this RAM from should be the first place informing me that there is an issue with my ram, not this ****.

Reached out to our Support Team and it looks like they are already working with you on processing your RMA.  As far as exchanging for a different memory kit, this will be at the discretion of the current RMA policies in place.  The support agent assisting you will be able to provide more accurate details on this.

Wow ...tell me this isnt true... After waiting for WEEKS  to get my broken G.Skill Trident Z replaced and not beeing able to use my PC I just got me a 32GB VengeanceRGB DDR5 unit yesterday., guess what... i installed the ram and i am not able to control the lighting at all.

Its embarassing to have struggle with a new set of RAM straight away again, these kits together cost me like 1k€ , this is more then most people pay for their whole PC... now i wont even have working lighting and might have to wait for another RMA again?!

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as described in the original post and by other users on similar threads - see:

Using Intel / z690 with the DDR5 Vengeance sticks. However I'm not on the list of affected SKUs / lot codes.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:31 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Intel customers experiencing this issue on a kit that is not part of the affected lot codes can perform one of the following:

1. Perform a Windows update to install thunderbolt driver
  2. Download  the Thunderbolt Driver 1.41.1193.0 directly from Intel.com Link to Download

I've also tried this, along with many other 'fixes', to no avail....

I have a Vengeance CMH32GX5M2B6200W kit with serial number 1534353051 which does not seem to be in the list of affected memory kits. It is on an ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming WiFi motherboard. I am running the latest BIOS and iCUE. I cannot locate a thunderbolt driver in my Device Manager. The RAM is not detected in iCUE. Can you please advise how to proceed? Thanks.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, pol77 said:

I have a Vengeance CMH32GX5M2B6200W kit with serial number 1534353051 which does not seem to be in the list of affected memory kits. It is on an ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming WiFi motherboard. I am running the latest BIOS and iCUE. I cannot locate a thunderbolt driver in my Device Manager. The RAM is not detected in iCUE. Can you please advise how to proceed? Thanks.

@pol77 I'd suggest contacting support with a pic of your memory modules clearly showing the label. Either that's not the correct serial number, or you may have fake memory. DDR5 wasn't around in 2015.

57 minutes ago, Technobeard said:

@pol77 I'd suggest contacting support with a pic of your memory modules clearly showing the label. Either that's not the correct serial number, or you may have fake memory. DDR5 wasn't around in 2015.

I did not get the serial from the RAM modules but from the email with model and serial numbers I received from scan.co.uk when I ordered them a few days ago. I did not want to remove the RAM as I have a critical process running that I do not want to stop. I will look on the RAM modules themselves and report the correct serial number. I doubt scan.co.uk would be selling fake kits. Thank you for spotting this. In any case, the serial number does not matter much as no 6200MHz kit seems to be in the list of the affected products.

My DDR5 Vengeance RGB RAM works fine (lot is after those mentioned above), however when trying to update the Firmware it says "Update Failed" in Red letters. Is this because there is no Fireware update?

Actual serial number on the kit is: 223608741

On 10/27/2022 at 5:50 PM, garnc said:

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as described in the original post and by other users on similar threads - see:

Using Intel / z690 with the DDR5 Vengeance sticks. However I'm not on the list of affected SKUs / lot codes.

I've also tried this, along with many other 'fixes', to no avail....

Just wanted to follow up & say that although my lot code wasn't listed as affected, support still allowed me to swap them out under the same premise and the new ones are working perfectly off the bat!

Thanks guys. 🙂

19 hours ago, garnc said:

Just wanted to follow up & say that although my lot code wasn't listed as affected, support still allowed me to swap them out under the same premise and the new ones are working perfectly off the bat!

Thanks guys. 🙂

That's good to hear. I currently have a ticket opened under this same premise but different SKU number. Hoping to RMA my set.

Edit: case number (2005605676)

Edited by Ess Tea
Added case ticket number

• 4 weeks later...

Hely Nick!

The fact that you replace the faulty kits is nice and all but:

- I shouldn't have searched for weeks to find this post

- I'm not in America and because it took me weeks to find this the 14 day return window is closed and the store basically told me to pound sand. They have 2 options, I either give it away and buy new one or return it to them but since it works they probably not going to replace it and my work pc is out of order for weeks which i can't afford.

So thaks, now i'm stuck with a rainbow puke in my sytem hoping it fails so I can replace it.IMG_20221201_014212.thumb.jpg.b7373d1bfb15d40f7c3bdbc0ceb966b9.jpg