Corsair Community

Corsair CW-9060024 WW Hydro Series H80i v2 120mm - Is it working properly

Hi all,

My Hydro H80i has been working for the past two years ok, I recently started to see that my Pc was just switching it self off. Knowing that when the CPU gets too hot the system just shuts down. I used  a system monitor app and it was showing me the CPU temperature between 79 to 82 deg on all 4 cores.  The system then shut down, whilst i was reviewing the temperatures. I Have another Pc also with a Corsair Hydro and monitoring its CPU temperature it is 49 to 52 degrees, so I believe the Hydro H80i is not working.

So I removed the Graphics card and then removed the Graphic card fan and cleaned it (even though not too dusty) cleaned and replaced the thermal compound.

I then removed the H80i fans and radiator and cleaned them, I removed the CPU cooler cleaned and replaced the Thermal compound.

Putting all back together and using the System monitor app the CPU temperature was between 75 to 79 degreed, so i left it to run over night

Next day Pc had turned itself off again.

I did have a 3 year damage warranty but it only has a 2yr fault warranty which ran out in July this year.

Is there something anyone think I have missed or misinterpreted, would to be please for any constructive comment

Thanks

If your cpu is idling at ~80C, something is wrong.  Are you running the CUE software to control the cooler?  In the data there is “H80i v2 Temp”. This is the liquid temperature and a good indicator of cooler functionality. It should be between room temperature and +15C over ambient.  I’ll guess your value is going to be over 60C indicating the cooler is no longer moving the liquid around as it should. This is generally how an AIO ends its life. 

Typically Corsair AIO warranties on the AIO are 5 years, but it does vary by country and may be impacted if the AIO was part of a pre-built system purchased from another supplier. 

Hi this is the snap shot of the problamatic Pc.

Thanks

Screenshot (1).png

Now the temp is above 90 ?

Yet the system seem to say the H80i is working?

Screenshot (2).png

Now this snapshot is of my other pc with the same H80i system.

Cosair Link.jpg

Yes, but that is not the same cpu so not relevant. 

Your H80i v2 appears to be working. A coolant temperature of ~30C idle and 39C load is the normal expected range and the cpu temp steps upwards with that. The problem is your listed cpu temp is 55C over the coolant temp. That usually suggests improper physical contact or excessive voltage. The voltage on the A10-6700 seems to be below the listed standard. That could mean the cpu is already throttling.

The second issue is listed max on that cpu is 71C, so that would make those temps extremely problematic if true. When I search A10-6700 temperature, most of the first page are people reporting widely varying cpu temps from different programs. I think you should verify the Corsair Link temps are accurate vs another program before proceeding. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1