Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager Laptop

Hey all,

Was playing Spider-Man on my new Corsair Voyager laptop, and it mentioned that my GPU drivers need to be updated.

Tried to open the amd software that came with it, but no where does it show to update GPU drivers.

Is that done through a windows update and if so, when will the new drivers come out? 

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Hi Gamer38,

What GPU driver version do you have installed? You may find the version in the "Systems" tab, then clicking "Software & Driver Details" under the RX6800M.

Also, is this the game that is asking for a GPU update, or Windows/Radeon? If you have a screenshot of the GPU driver notification, that would be appreciated!

Hello, See attached screen shot of current driver . Game is asking for GPU driver update, not windows update. Also worth noting, that other games like Fornite run REALLY BAD... I expect a $2700 laptop to run fortnite at EPIC settings and it can't even do that without dipping below 60 FPS. Has to be a driver issue with AMD. Other laptops with a 6800M dont have this issue.  Other games run okay, so I don't think the laptop is bad, but just concerned about driver support. When is the next update coming nad how can i update to ensure i have the latest GPU drivers? Thanksimage.thumb.png.daed12c785045e809d9fe83150da1cca.png

Also worth noting, running games on battery is a complete joke. Seriously bad and unplayable. Can't run overwatch 2 without lowering all settings to LOW , lowering resolution and 60 FPS (from 240Hz) - just to get 60 FPS, and it looks terrible on this beautiful display. 

I only am saying this because this was a $2700 gaming laptop and although it performs decent in general use (powered) , there are def issues. Lots of them. iCue crashes a lot. The Macro S Keybar software crashes with it a LOT. Running any game on Battery is a joke and pointless (which sucks on airplanes) - $2,700 for this experience is unacceptable. Corsair, I expect you to please address these issues with future updates. 

I really hope again it's just a driver issue with AMD.... 

I have needed to go down this road as well. This does update the driver, however, it doesnt install the Radeon Adrenalin software. Attempting to use the AMD installer results in an error 205 and the system gets reverted to the ms generic gpu driver that cant even use a second monitor much less play a game.

I really like the hardware my laptop has, the software does feel very first generation.

Any thoughts on getting the amd software installed? How quickly will Corsair update the downloads site? GPU Driver 22.10.2 was released yesterday.

• Corsair Employees
On 10/22/2022 at 1:20 PM, Elf_Boy said:

I have needed to go down this road as well. This does update the driver, however, it doesnt install the Radeon Adrenalin software. Attempting to use the AMD installer results in an error 205 and the system gets reverted to the ms generic gpu driver that cant even use a second monitor much less play a game.

I really like the hardware my laptop has, the software does feel very first generation.

Any thoughts on getting the amd software installed? How quickly will Corsair update the downloads site? GPU Driver 22.10.2 was released yesterday.

If Radeon software is not showing up after driver installation, please follow this path in the AMD Graphics Driver folder from our website, and run the following: Packages > Appx > rsxuwp > radeonsoftware.msix_Windows10_PreinstallKit > c282b06f664347fb99035a6ea19ffe0d.msix

We are currently working to have updates published ASAP, as well as fully integrating with AMD's published drivers.

ty

These steps did get the AMD software working. Still no option to update drivers though.

I dont play any of the game's AMD has updated for recently so for me not a huge impact, for others this could be pretty annoying.

Even using DDU to remove the driver & disable windows update, unplugging ethernet and setting airplane mode didnt stop the error 205.

• Corsair Employees

When installing the AMD Graphics driver from our website, you should not be given error 205.

Currently, error 205 shows up when installing the drivers from AMD's website. This is not intended and is currently being looked into. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently bought this laptop and am experiencing this issue now. I have the 'newest' driver according to Corsair, but there was an update to AMD as of yesterday. I am getting the same issue with everyone else that I can't download the drivers from the AMD website. Do we have an update for when this will be resolved? I wanted to hop onto Warzone 2.0 today and won't be able too because of this issue as it says the drivers are outdated.

Very disappointed..

• Corsair Employees
On 11/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, GEORGETIBBLES said:

I just recently bought this laptop and am experiencing this issue now. I have the 'newest' driver according to Corsair, but there was an update to AMD as of yesterday. I am getting the same issue with everyone else that I can't download the drivers from the AMD website. Do we have an update for when this will be resolved? I wanted to hop onto Warzone 2.0 today and won't be able too because of this issue as it says the drivers are outdated.

Very disappointed..

Looking into this now. Will provide an update ASAP.

None that I have heard.

I guess I'll go post on AMD's site too and see if anyone there is willing to respond.

• Thanks 1