Corsair Community

Hx1500i cable compatibility question(yes I looked at the chart)

Chadmatt

The HXi before the new models that yours is part of are all type 3. the new HXi that just launched are type 4.

The chart hasn't been updated for the new PSUs, but you are right, your HX1500i is type 4.

Now if you were searching regarding the new GPU connector, it doesn't matter, since all the PSU sockets are identical between type 3 and 4 except the motherboard one 🙂

3 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

The HXi before the new models that yours is part of are all type 3. the new HXi that just launched are type 4.

The chart hasn't been updated for the new PSUs, but you are right, your HX1500i is type 4.

Now if you were searching regarding the new GPU connector, it doesn't matter, since all the PSU sockets are identical between type 3 and 4 except the motherboard one 🙂

Thanks for clarifying. They really need to update that to avoid confusion. 

It’s a relief because I was dreading having to undo my current cabling I was using for my rm750x. 

Does anyone know whether the cables that follow with an RM1000x are compatible with an HX1500i? I’m not entirely sure whether the cables that follow the Rm1000x are type 3 or 4 either…

i already have cables from the rm1000x installed and am hoping these will work with the hx15000i I purchased earlier this week when it arrives