Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum Liquid TEMP going CRAZY

I have a H115i  Liquid Platinum.

For about a year I have noticed the fans suddenly going to max speed.  I could not figure out why for ages but then I noticed the liquid temp was 60c !

I panicked and turned off the PC and took the side off and touched the Radiator and it was not even warm.

I restarted the PC and now liquid temp 30c. I monitored the situation and everything was fine for half an hour when suddenly the fans spun up to 100%. I looked and liquid temp had gone from 30c to 45c in the blink of a eye and this just isn't possible.

Using a infra red thermometer reader I checked temps and they are fine, everything pipes , radiator and pump all reading under 30c.

Searching the internet and these forums I read somewhere that it is a known issue caused by the RGB lighting of the cooler causing erroneous readings on the AIO's software.

I tried to live with it but it is driving me nutty so I would just like it replaced.

I am trying to fill out the RMA request and it asks for a serial number. I have the original packaging and there is no serial number that I can see.

The only number I see on the packaging is CW-9060038-WW and some bar codes and numbers that do not look like serial numbers.

The 'C' number looks like the part number.

I added two pictures one showing my CPU at 29c and liquid temp at 41c  ????  and the other from my packaging.

Can I get this replaced?

Can I get a replacement sent before I return this as I have no alternative cooler and I need my PC for work?

I am Incredibly frustrated, I bought this so I could have trouble free computing and it has been nothing but trouble from day one.

How do I proceed?

Contact Corsair Support through the link at the bottom of the page. The support ticket will prompt you for the information above.

The “artificially elevated” coolant temp on some Platinum models was related to LED intensity, but it usually wasn’t quite so dramatic and if reads 60C that is a serious problem — false reading or not. In the meantime you can try modulating the pump LEDs to off or low static colors like muted blue, red, or green. However, since I’m not sure this is all led related and may be a sensor failure, set your fans to a fixed tolerable speed. At something like 1000 rpm you cannot overheat the cpu on a 280mm regardless of load level. That of course assumes everything else is working and that 60C makes me wonder if the pump cut out. Either way, follow up with Corsair support to move forward on the warranty claim. 

Edited by c-attack

No its the leds if i turn them off it goes away.....just discovered it.

Turn on....flies up, turn off silence again.

Serial number??

Edited by alphalvr

The serial number is on a sticker on the side of the radiator, typically on the hose insert end.  It's also on the product box pictured above and starting with "216...".  

ffs I read that the serial number is 17 digits and something called a 'lot' number is 12 digits hence my frustration.

Last question can I get a replacement before I need to return this one?  Otherwise I need to buy another cooler as well which would really be a kick in the teeth.

I can't seem to find this info.

Thank you for your help I am feeling less stressed.

The Lot Number is likely on the radiator sticker only.  If you are not forced to enter it with the ticket, skip it.  I am not sure its relevant here since the manufacturing period is over.

When you talk to support and they approve your RMA, you can ask for an "Advance RMA".  This is the typical credit card hold on the value of the new cooler, they ship you new unit, then you return old unit, then charge withdrawn.  That would cut your down time in half and likely be helpful since your AIO is not full on dead.  Use the fixed fan speed suggestion above to make things more livable while you're waiting.  

• Corsair Employees
On 10/2/2022 at 2:23 PM, alphalvr said:

ffs I read that the serial number is 17 digits and something called a 'lot' number is 12 digits hence my frustration.

Last question can I get a replacement before I need to return this one?  Otherwise I need to buy another cooler as well which would really be a kick in the teeth.

I can't seem to find this info.

Thank you for your help I am feeling less stressed.

Are you using iCUE to control the curves or are you using hardware fan curves?

If you're using iCUE, simply create a new fan curve and assign the CPU Package Temp as the source/sensor in the center of the fan curve configuration window, that should remove any weirdness you see from the LED's heating the pump thermistor. Then you don't need to spend any money or replace the cooler.