Corsair Community

iCUE Not Recognizing Dominator RGB RAM

Sassums

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I have 4 sticks of Dominator RGB memory however it does not show up in the iCUE software.  I believe it has something to do with the ASUS software from the motherboard but I am all but certain ive shut it off/disabled it. 

Ive also been told I need to go into the BIOS and turn on TMC or something to allow the RAM to run at the proper speeds?  I think Windows shows it at like 4000mhz and it should be above 5?

Thanks!

• Solution

On Asus Z690 (and probably Z790 too), you must enable SPD Write in order to allow the program to access the RAM slots.  This is going to be located in the Advanced BIOS section and not the E-Z BIOS.  What makes it more confusing is Asus wrote the BIOS with a double negative.  So it's going to say something like "SPD Write Disable" and then you need to change it to False to actually enable it.  See the post below.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/5718039999117-How-to-Enable-SPD-Write-on-your-ASUS-Z690-motherboard

• Like 1

Thanks - ill take a peak at that!

Update: Yesterday’s 4.29.201 beta release for the K100 Air KB eliminates the SPD requirement. That doesn’t mean you need to download that version, but it does mean this is going to change with the public 4.29 release coming next week. 

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

Update: Yesterday’s 4.29.201 beta release for the K100 Air KB eliminates the SPD requirement. That doesn’t mean you need to download that version, but it does mean this is going to change with the public 4.29 release coming next week. 

Looks like we might need to wait until the main 4.29 release. I installed the beta but still no go.
Thanks for the heads up though.

I have 2 sticks of Dominator DDR5 5600 32Gb in my Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero and iCUE doesn't recognize my sticks either. Also no temps, no RGB control, No temps on my 7950X cores either. Everything works on my 11900K and Asus ROG Maximus Hero XIII Z590 board with v4.29.201 Beta. Yes I realize the Zen 4 release was last week. Please update soon, I'm sick of RGB Rainbow Puke.

Edited by Snipe707

We’ll need the CPUID SDK updated in order to detect the new Zen 4 and Raptor Lake CPUs. Hopefully that’s in next week’s release. We’ll have to see on the motherboards if there is some trick to this. It should be able to read the modules, new motherboard or not. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:40 AM, c-attack said:

We’ll need the CPUID SDK updated in order to detect the new Zen 4 and Raptor Lake CPUs. Hopefully that’s in next week’s release. We’ll have to see on the motherboards if there is some trick to this. It should be able to read the modules, new motherboard or not. 

ICUE see's the modules for me. It shows me my timings, clocks and freqs, but I can't control RGB and I can't see temps.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:36 AM, Snipe707 said:

ICUE see's the modules for me. It shows me my timings, clocks and freqs, but I can't control RGB and I can't see temps.

at-least you see your modules.  I still don't see my 2x16 Dominator 6200. I have the same cpu, motherboard combo.

Edited by huppra

18 hours ago, huppra said:

at-least you see your modules.  I still don't see my 2x16 Dominator 6200. I have the same cpu, motherboard combo.

It's working for me now. Updated BIOS to 0705 and am running ICUE v4.29.201. I have control of the RGB settings and I can see clocks, timings, freq and now temps.

still no luck for me after updating to 0705 and icue 4.29.203

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 5:07 AM, c-attack said:

I was wondering why iCUE randomly detected the RAM - but this explains it!