Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT--Bad RAM Module

I think one of my RAM modules is bad. I have two CMX512-3200C2PT modules and my computer reboots for no apparent reason. I took out one stick, and it seemed to clear up the problem. Then I put it back in and ran the Memtest86 and got a bunch of errors. I let it run for over a day now (39+ hours) and it has 219225 errors so far! All of these errors are on "Count Chan" 1. Well, at least the first page is, I can't figure out how to scroll down.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have a ASUS A7N8X-E mb with an Athalon XP 3200. FSB set to 200 MHz. RAM set to 2-3-3-6, but it was set to 3-3-3-8 and was still having the same problem. And also, as mentioned earlier, when I take that one stick out, I never have the reboot problem.

Thanks,

James

• Corsair Employee

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Archived