Corsair Community

CMX512-3200LLPRO question...

nick22222

My 18LED lights on the module are lighting up just fine. but im wondering if its just my OS/software that keeps 1 row almost all the way lit, or if thats how the module is made? (basically i figured it would have 1 or 2 greens lit up when not in use, but i have 1 side lit up, and other side blinking, both in the red.) make any since? im a little hard to understand at times. ty. ~nick BTW~ love the new PRO series!!!:sunglasse

• Corsair Employees
When your system is in idle state the light bank should not be fully lit. If it stays on all the time there is a problem with the lighting on the module. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] and or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email] . If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

u dont think its an OS, or access problem from my side? have anybody else had a similar problem with the LEDs? OS= XP pro MB= ASUS A7N8X dlux Processor= :shootme: 1100mhz AMD sending info to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email] just in case ur right. ~TY

got my RMA, but waiting....still have family in town. but i now see the regular 2 green LEDs at base, and only 2 more green on 1 side at a constant. as i was saying before, half of the lights were lit constantly. 2 LEDs have retracted from being on constantly. guess what im saying now is, should i wait and see what happens, or just go ahead with the RMA?

• Corsair Employees
Its really up to you as it is your computer and you have to look at it every day. You can always RMA the modules at any time(lifetime warranty). If you do wait you will need to get a new RMA in the furture when you do deceide to send it in. If there is anything else, just let me know. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees
They should work correctly from the moment that you take them out of the box. Do you have another system that you would be able to test the modules with. It would be very hard to get two sets of defective modules in a row. Let me know. Thanks!

Archived