Corsair Community

After updating iCUE v4.28.177 my SP120 RGB PRO don't light at all

Hi everyone,

I had bought my PC (case 220T RGB white) in June and everything worked perfectly untill now.After I had updated iCUE (v4.28.177), I noticed that my fans (SP120 RGB PRO) didn't light up. Here are the things I've already done:

• Restart the PC
  • Reinstall iCUE v4 --> Devices weren't recognised
  • Intall iCUE v3 (instead) --> same problem
  • Check my PC components if ther was anything I didn't notice.
  • Came back to iCUE v4 --> Same problem
  • I try an external RGB software --> useless

I haven't opened or hit the PC or any hardware in any case, before, during and after this problem.

Do you guys know what happened?

Thanks!

It’s theoretically possible the lighting setup reset on update. However, if you still see the Lighting Node Core and 3 x 8 LED fans in CUE, then that is not the issue. 

Most likely this is a physical problem that coincided with the update. The Lighting Node Core is a serial controller, so if the first LED or fan is bad, the remaining fans will stay dark. Pop off the back and swap the RGB connectors for fans 1 and 3. This potentially puts the bad fan at the end of the chain and 1+2 light up. Then you contact Corsair Support for a replacement fan. There are other possibilities but it is going to require some testing. 

5 hours ago, Alyara said:

Reinstall iCUE v4 --> Devices weren't recognised

Can you clarify this?  If CUE does not see your RGB controller, then certainly you won’t have lighting. This is a usb detection problem. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the usb 2 motherboard side connection while the system is powered on.