Corsair Community

Core xt not showing hyper x dc5 pump speed

Hi all i was wondering if any one could help me out? I am trying to connect my hydro x dc5 pump to my core xt but its not showing i can control the rgb but its not showing the speed, it finds my 3 radiator fans fine. 

The Commander Core and Commander XT use an auto-detect protocol for PWM fan detection.  If it thinks the header is empty, it will turn it off.  Occasionally it makes mistakes and the line from the XD5 pump is tachometer and RPM only (no power/ground), so it might flunk the test.  

Try the physical reset --- shutdown the PC, switch the PSU off for 15 seconds, then power back on and start the PC normally.  This should force the Commander XT to reassess.  Also check the XT settings in CUE.  I am not sure if there is an override for this but there might be a way to stop the auto check.  I don't have an XT with me and can't dig into this at this at the moment.  

**Side note -- never connect the XD5 tachometer wire to the Commander when its powered on.  It's a bit sensitive to this and a measurable number of users have fried the speed control on the pump by hot plugging it.  

Edited by c-attack

2 hours ago, Toxicowns said:

and it shows no speed but i can control the speed of it 

So while connected to a MB header you can change it's speed, but there is no RPM reading?  This seems like the PWM wire is functioning (control) but the tachometer wire is defective.  If true, then the pump will never show a speed.

This is not how it's suppose to work, so while functional you should contact Corsair Support to look at your options for replacement. There is a link at the bottom of the page.