Corsair Community

ICue/Elite LCD firmware issues?

BigSpoony

So I've recently upgraded from a h100i elite capellix to a h150i elite capellix and put my LCD upgrade kit on that i was using with my h100i

After the upgrade on my first initial boot the h150i wasn't recognised so i checked for updates and ended up force updating my commander core when  i got a pump failure error message on ICue and nothing i have done as resolved the issue, i tried the usual reseating every single plug associated with pump, i swapped commander cores i ran the usb directly off the motherboard instead of using a piggy back, swapping back to regular elite capellix face plate nothing works.

i ended up swapping back to my H100i to be met with the same error... i have exhausted basically every option. i friend of mine recently bought a h150i as well and has let me borrow it prior to him using it and the exact same problem!

Ive also updated ICue to V.4.28.10.174

i love these coolers but unless i can solve these problems before next weekend im going to have to RMA/Return my 2 AIO and LCD kit

ROG x570 crosshair VIII Mobo

Ryzen 5900x

4 hours ago, BigSpoony said:

got a pump failure error message

The pump error is typically false and the cpu temp remains low, but this is still a major issue because the software will lock you out of the controls. The bad news is I am not aware of any user fix for this issue and you need to contact Corsair Support for hardware replacements. 

When you swapped the H100i back on, did you use the same Commander Core that was installed with the H150i?  There has been some speculation the origin of this problem is in the Commander Core, but I have not been able to pin it down. If you have another Commander Core, you can try using it and see if it resolves things. 

As for the cause of this, I have no idea why it triggers but it appears to be irreversible. Sometimes you can get a brief pause, force load the firmware, and all is good — for 10-15 seconds before you’re locked again. I have a unit in this condition and try to resurrect it each month. 0 for 7 so far. 

OK, so you've been swapping Commander Core's too and not just the pump + radiator units to the same Commander Core (which should work and would be preferable for keeping your programmed lighting).   Sadly, that makes this issue even murkier.  There are a lot of these out there.  I don't know of any user side solution.  Get things rolling with support.  This almost always ends in replacement.  

yeah I'm already planning to go to the computer shop I got the aio from on the 24th to let them test 'em and either get them swapped out or I might just end up going a completely different route at this point which is kind of upsetting because I love the look and my h100i was good while I was using it

9 hours ago, c-attack said:

OK, so you've been swapping Commander Core's too and not just the pump + radiator units to the same Commander Core (which should work and would be preferable for keeping your programmed lighting).   Sadly, that makes this issue even murkier.  There are a lot of these out there.  I don't know of any user side solution.  Get things rolling with support.  This almost always ends in replacement.  

so I just tried the 3rd commander core from my friends h150i that I'm borrowing until I can get my AIO's exchanged and it works! thanks for the insight that the issue seems to be the commander core!

It's just odd still that both my h100i's and my brand new h150i's cores corrupted at the same time

And that’s why this issue is so difficult. Does something on the pump trigger this in the Commander (blown sensor?). Even in the bios state the pump will go red, so I am pretty sure it’s not software. There is some hardware link problem between pump and Commander Core. 

Edited by c-attack

Bit of an Update

So I went to RMA my coolers over the weekend and turns out 1 of the commander cores had died but it just happened to be at the same time as pump on my h100i died.

I'm 99% sure I tried both commander cores with both coolers, but the tech said the other commander core and h150i were still good, haven't tested them myself yet but I suppose that's a bit of a positives