Corsair Community

Why does iCue installer needs Internet now?

Iwontell

• Administrators

Please clarify? It doesn't as far as I'm aware. What version are you attempting to install, and what errors / messages are you seeing that leads you to believe that it needs an internet connection to be installed?

Ähhhm ..... Wie soll man denn bitte die neuste Version "runterladen" ohne Internet !?????

16 hours ago, Kontio said:

Ähhhm ..... Wie soll man denn bitte die neuste Version "runterladen" ohne Internet !?????

There are several ways:

1. I can download the installer, store it in my NAS and the other machine can have access to the NAS but not to the Internet.

2. I can download the installer in one machine, copy it to an external drive or USB pendrive or even burn it to a CD if you want.

3. I can download from my phone over cellular data and transfer it to the computer by cable.

4. I can download it one day that Internet is available, then install the software another day when Internet is not available.

But most importantly, why should an offline installer need Internet access at all?

• Administrators

It looks like this is on purpose. If you don't have internet access then you wouldn't be able to read the Terms of Service or the Privacy Policy which are on our website and therefore wouldn't be able to agree to them to be able to install the software.