Corsair Community

The Corsair 5000T RGB Case 2 USB 3.0 Headers Issue.

squal429

I've been REALLY REALLY wanting to get this case, but as I've noticed that it requires TWO USB 3.0 Headers on a Motherboard, I don't know what Motherboards realistically support 2 of those, so my question is, would I be forced to get a Motherboard from a brand I don't care about, or does an adapter or splitter exist to split 2 USB 3.0 Headers into one, or a hub similar to the NZXT USB 2.0 but for 3.0?

I really enjoy my ASUS ROG Strix boards, so I was curious. Thank you!

Nothing in the Corsair internal RGB system requires usb 3.x and it all runs in usb 2.0. Did that information come from the product page? A professional review?  

The 5000T comes with a Commander Core XT RGB controller. Aside from the usual 6 PWM and RGB ports, it has a special ID port for those case panel strips. The Commander XT requires 1 internal usb 2 port. If you are using 9-10 RGB fans (likely), you’ll need a second controller. 

Regardless you should choose the mb you want and then find any inexpensive usb hubs to supplement if needed. 

Ich glaube mal der TE meint damit die vier USB 3.0 Frontanschlüsse vom dem Gehäuse .... Das selbe Problem habe ich auch mit dem 7000X RGB...

Es kommen zwei USB 3.0 Kabel von der Front, und die meisten Boards haben nur einen USB 3.0 Anschluss.... Es gibt da zwar eine Möglichkeit mit einem USB 3.0 Hub mit eigener Stromversorgung, ob das allerdings klappt... 

Ich warte auf das Asus 670E Board, dass hat zwei UBS 3.1 Anschlüsse für die Front 

Gruß Kontio 

If so, the case does not require 2 usb 3 connections. It does not require any. If your motherboard only has 1 usb 3 connector, then you’ll only have one set of working ports on the front.  Whether you connect the front ports at all is a user choice. There are usb 3->2 conversion cables, but that may only be worthwhile if you need more than 2 devices connected to the front ports instead of the rear. 

Any ROG board should have 2 usb 3 internal connectors. 

20 hours ago, c-attack said:

Jedes ROG-Board sollte über 2 interne USB-3-Anschlüsse verfügen. 

Nein .... zumindest nicht für den Frontanschluss ...In der Regel haben die Boards einen USB 3.1 Gen.1 Anschluss , und einen USB 3.1 Gen. 2 (Typ C) Frontanschluss. 

Erst die neueren Boards ( Intel 690 und AMD 670E) haben zwei  USB 3.1 Gen.1 Anschlüsse, wo man dann alle vier Frontanschlüsse auch nutzen kann. Allerdings sind diese auch extrem teuer 😢

Und wenn mir das Gehäuse insgesamt vier USB 3.1 Gen.1 Anschlüsse anbietet, dann möchte man diese ja auch nutzen ! (ich zumindest) 

The 5000T has 1 usb type c front connector and 1 usb 3 connector just like a ROG Strix Z690-e, the OP’s preferred board. I am not sure where the disconnect is here. He is clearly shopping and it’s difficult to believe that is for something that predates those connection types. If using some board older than Z390 that doesn’t have those connectors, then you may have to buy some usb 3->2 adapters. 

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/QSG_5000T_RGB_WW_49-