Corsair Community

broken xms twinx 3200LLPT

I was having stability issues on my corsair ram. It would randomly reboot, so I swapped it out w/my other computers ram and they worked fine. So I knew that it had to be the memory since the mobo ran fine w/my corsair 4400. So I decided to run memtest86 and after 7 tests I kinda had the idea that the ram was bad :(: when i stoped it was @ 5-6 mins and 7 tests ran and 40396 errors already and it was piling up as it kept going but I stopped it b/c that enough should say that my ram has gone bad. The ram was @ stock speeds. The computer has never been overclocked and I guess the ram just died :(: I dont' remmber where I bought the ram but am looking that info up as I type. Ithink I need to RMA it.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X Volts and or try and reset the bios and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. If you find one is failing please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! But if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would try testing them in another MB and or system.

Archived