Corsair Community

AIO push pull set up

CD82

i know silly queston lol!! 

so i am about to build a new system  im going to use the  H 150i Elite in white 

and im trying to decide if i should set up a push pull on the aio's rad or not  is it even necessary

im going to be using the 7000x case well because i like it lol  

going to be using the the Asus ROG Max z690 formula

at  some point i will swap over to full liquid cooled  

it's clearly not necesary 😛

You will have a small thermal gain, and better airflow at low speeds, so there is a difference but it's small.

But.. it looks good to have RGB lit fans on both sides, so the small gain + aesthetics can justify it. Besides it's your build, you do what you want !

If the AIO is up top as exhaust, it's worst than a simple push because you'll more efficiently transfer the GPU heat to the water.

Push pull makes more sense as intake when having an aircooled GPU.

in general.. with aircooled GPUs, having the AIO as exhaust is just bad actually.

Edited by LeDoyen

WoW!!  thanks for the tip!!! 

the build i have now has aircooled 2080  and one of the older corsair aio's its at the top lol 

guess on the new one ill do the aio at the front on the 7000x and use the 140s up top 

so maybe since the rad will be in the front for looks rgb ill run push pull lol 

push pull + front mounted, you will definitely see a difference 🙂 but most of it will be gettting fresh exterior air instead of GPU waste heat.

When you'll do the custom loop it will not matter anymore since you'll have heat on the radiators only. But keeping more exhaust than intake radiators will still be better for the same reason : dumping as little heat from one radiator to the other. Flipping the back fan from exhaust to intake will help too 🙂 but that's a question for another time 🙂

now   the fans for the push pull for the aio set up the h150i elite comes with ml120 rgb elites 

im thinking of buying another 3 pack of them or 6 of the ique ql 120s  because of the light rings 

will replacing the ml with the qls make any difference  or no 

ML have better static pressure than QL, meaning they will provide better airflow against restrictions, like radiators or dust filters.

but going push pull makes it kinda irrelevant since ML or QL, you are going overkill 🙂

now two 3 packs of QL costs a pretty penny so, maybe it's more of an aesthetics / cost question.