Corsair Community

I no longer have a light for the flow meter?!?

haloeighty8

Hey CoolGuy, I received this replacement about 3 months ago, I had one of the noisy units I guess from your first batch. And well I was just looking at it and I just noticed the light no longer works that lights up the flow meter!!!?, I just dropped a email to Joe Wilson regarding this as well. This Sucks!!! :( any advice..

Hello, It could be a bad bulb or a socket not seating the bulb correctly. These bulbs are hard to seat ... perhaps it was part way in, worked for a bit, then loosened? I know it's a dumb thought, but I once troubleshot a cpu power supply for several minutes before realizing the outlet it was plugged into was dead. Good luck. KK

Just a heads-up about the bulb ... Per the SAE J573 Standard for Miniature Lamp Bulbs AUTOMOTIVE INSTRUMENT DASHBOARD BULB #37 NAPA Automotive Store NAPA P/N: BP37 (Wagner #37 SAE bulb) Wal-Mart GE BULB P/N: 37 (BP2) Wedge Miniature Bulb 12-14 Volt. Trade No.: 37 Life Hours: 3,500 Candle Power: 5 Other automotive part stores: SYLVANIA Lamp Replacement Guide, #37 Wedge Miniature Bulb. 12-14 Volt / 0.09amp C-2F filament Life Hours: 2,500 Size: W2.1x4.9d The bulbs usually come in a two pack. Price is about $2-$3. I would highly recommend using needle nose pliers having electrical tape wrapped around each jaw end prior to pulling. Then with easy force around the bulb, pulling upward. Thus, the dead bulb will not shatter leaving the remains in the socket. If the bulb does shatter, one can then pull the remainder out with the nose pliers and vacuum out the unit and socket. Installing the bulb is an easy push in. Stev

thanks for the info, I got it switched out.. it wasn't exactly easy getting that bulb out. It ended up shattering, after that I was able to grab the remaining bits out with some pliers. Hope I never have to do that again.. on side note, do they make the bulbs in different colors?

haloeighty8, There are two ways of getting bulb colors. 1. There are color plastic/rubber type sleeves that the automotive industy uses for dash/instrument bulbs. These are usually found in red (engine warning), green (turn signals), blue (high-beam lights) and yellow (airbag, low fuel or ABS). The 37's are the second smallest bulbs and are popular with many vehicles. They are not impossible to find like the 18's are. 2. Some web sites now sell LED mini-wedge 37's in various colors. As for the cost/delivery/s+h and web site reputations, you may wait until these become more mainstream products. A search on google for, LED 37 bulb, may help. Once after warrenty you may opt to just replace the entire bulb and socket with your preference. Currently, just replacing the bulb with the OEM 37's should keep the warrenty valid. :sillygrin stev

• 1 month later...
Awhile ago I had mentioned how to replace the visual flow indicator bulb #37. The bulb serves two purposes, one to illuminate the visual flow indicator for flow and the other as a check to know that the pump wire harness is receiving power. :cool: Some users have removed the bulb altogether. Thus, if anything ever were to go wrong with the pump, no immediate indication to trouble shoot the problem would be available. :eek: Some users have even asked about different colors and light intensities. Well, I had received information via [url]www.reed-electronics.com/ednmag[/url] about a U.S. supplier of LED technologies that is reputable. The company is LEDtronics Inc., 23105 Kashiwa Court, Torrance, CA 90505. You can contact LEDtronics toll free at 1-800-579-4875, telephone 310-534-1505, fax at 310-534-1424. The website is [url]www.ledtronics.com[/url] . Founded in 1983, LEDtronics leads where others only follow when it comes to designing, manufacturing and packaging state-of-the-art LEDs to meet the world’s constantly changing lighting needs. At their website you can quickly search for a replacement LED of the 37 incandescent bulb. Not only that, you can choose your color and brilliance level. On the left side column select the >Incandescent to LED cross reference ( [url]http://www.netdisty.net/cross[/url] ) Now begin the easy search. -By Incandescent No. -NEXT -On the pull down indicator search and select " 37 " (the list is not really in any order.) -NEXT -FINISH Review the list of choices Yes they are $7+S/H, but think, you get a cool color and the LED will last nearly your life time! I had purchased a few different colors to try. (Attached are jpg files of the LED 37 in the HydroCool.) This should not at all void the HydroCool warranty. It's just a simple LED light bulb replacement! Also note, which side of the LED is the positive side prior to installing. Match this to the positive wire lead-in on the lamp socket in the HydroCool. If you get it wrong, the LED will not light, just insert the LED bulb the other way around. :p: Stev

Stev. You da man!! Outstanding information on the bulb. I was dying to replace the ugly bulb it comes with and now thanks to you I know what to look for and where to get it. Great post. This info should be a sticky on the forum! Cheers, Kared PS: Now if I could just find/order the 200 EX fan filter for my 200... :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Harryc']Stev, thanks for the tip on how to get a replacement LED for the Hydrocool. I have the LED that I ordered from LEDTronics. Can you tell me how to get the old bulb out of the socket without shattering it?[/QUOTE] HarryC, Just read, in this thread topic, an earlier post. There I had described how to do this. ;): Years ago, 1976, my father and I had replaced these bulbs on an instument cluster of a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Once you go LED, they should be, by far, easier to remove. :cool: Stev

[quote name='stev']HarryC, Just read, in this thread topic, an earlier post. There I had described how to do this. ;): Years ago, 1976, my father and I had replaced these bulbs on an instument cluster of a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Once you go LED, they should be, by far, easier to remove. :cool: Stev[/QUOTE] Ok thanks. I used a fair amount of force with pliers and the bulb was not coming out. So, I will try the electrical tape tip, but I am fairly certain it will shatter given a bit more force. Thanks again.

[quote name='Harryc']Works great :)...thanks again. :laughing: [IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/vze77jt4/ECS1/led.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] HarryC, I touched up the picture only a little to see where the HC was placed. Is this between a desk and wall? Also, is that a baseboard heater too? Can you place both the computer and HC away from the heater? You may get better temps. that way. :p: Stev

[quote name='stev']HarryC, I touched up the picture only a little to see where the HC was placed. Is this between a desk and wall? Also, is that a baseboard heater too? Can you place both the computer and HC away from the heater? You may get better temps. that way. :p: Stev[/QUOTE] Stev, yes that is correct, desk and wall. I might just do that someday. Thanks

Archived