Corsair Community

LS100 450mm & Commander Pro Query

Hi, I am looking to add a Commander Pro to my 5000D setup. I currently have 6 x SP120 RGB Elite connected to the PWM Fan Repeater with the RGB connected to a Lighting Node Core (and through to a USB 2.0 on my Mobo)

I will be adding the the lighting node core to lighting channel 1 on the Pro and I am looking to purchase some LS100 450mm strips to add into the 2nd channel for inside my case

I am struggling to understand the LED count and voltage requirements and just wanted to understand how many of the strips i could daisy chain to this 2nd channel? Does the size impact how many I can add? (I don't want to do more than two to start potentially adding more)

I am looking at the expansion kit as I have read that I don't need he lighting Pro if I have the commander pro

15 hours ago, Redsnapper said:

I will be adding the the lighting node core to lighting channel 1 on the Pro

In order to do this you will need a RGB Lighting Hub.  It's small 5v power supply for fans when used with "Pro" series devices.  Later "Core" devices incorporate that 5v delivery into the controller, but at 50% capacity (1 channel not 2) and for fans only.  If you don't have a RGB Lighting Hub, you won't be able to use the fans on Commander Pro.  Another possible way to go about this is to use a Commander Core XT.  This will be 6 PWM and 6 RGB ports and 1 LED port.  This lets you drop the LNCore, still get speed and RGB control from one device, and still incorporate your LED strips to the 1 LED port.  Of note, you drop from 4 to 2 temperature sensors, but this may only be of consequence to data nuts like me or those with complex custom water cooling and multiple loops.  

15 hours ago, Redsnapper said:

I am looking to purchase some LS100 450mm strips to add into the 2nd channel

I am not sure if you will be able to do this with the core, but CUE allows you to lie to it in setup and look at the UI for different components.  It has been programmed to show you the various possible combinations for those LS100 strips in their 250/350/450mm and 1.4M sizes.  For 450mm the maximum is 5.  There are a lot of odd combinations you can set up, but effectively the maximum number of LEDs is around 135-138 depending on selection.  

Screenshot (316).png

Screenshot (315).png

Edited by c-attack